2013 Women's Regatta

Started by Christopher, August 15, 2013, 07:16:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christopher

Women's Regatta will be Saturday, September 14, 2013.  Registration is available.

NOR: Linky
To Register: Linky
See who is Registered: Linky
Mahalo nui loa

Christopher

Two weeks till the regatta and only three registrants? What's up with that?   ???
Come on ladies! Show the guys how it's done! 
I know you don't wait till the last minute.
;D
Mahalo nui loa

svShearwater

I may be missing something here, but I wonder how many women aren't signing up because they or their crew are attending the Harvest Moon Skipper's Meeting the same day.  I would think there would be a fair number affected.  I know we are.  My wife would love to helm the race, but I'm her crew and we both need/want to attend the HM Skipper's Meeting.  Shame one or the other couldn't have been on Sunday. 
Life is not a dress rehearsal.

http://www.svshearwater.com

shawn

Firewater is getting repaired after the last Rum Race.  We had two drivers ready to race the boat but we do not expect the boat ready for the race. Sorry but we tried.
Shawn
Shawn
Semi True Story

beverly

Well ladies, let's have ourselves a party!  I know the guys always outdo themselves making sure we have ample girly drinks and decorations to celebrate our day on the water, so let's get our friends with boats to hop on the helm and make this an exciting event.  I know Shari (on Antares) and I will have a great time in the cruising class - doing what we do best - cruising!  So come on out and join us and let's get this other fleet formed!

See y'all on the water!

Shaken Not Stirred (applies to Margarita's as well as Martini's you know....) 8)

Sailchick

Looks like the J Boats will be battling it out on the PHRF Spinnaker line!!  C'mon girls -- this is traditionally a very fun day of racing!!  Sign up!!
GBCA Past Past Commodore 2013

Christopher

Mahalo nui loa

Sailaway

I have the photos loaded and when I finished loading Flickr went into maintenance mode ???.  So not sure when they come backup but here is the link.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lacyphotos/sets

Lots of fun!

Bee

Great pictures as usual Scott and John.  Thanks a bunch.

Yep, great weather and great regatta. 

Bee

Speaking of pictures:

I frequently send comments to the National J105 website about local J105 sailing events.  GBCA, HYC, and LYC get mentioned frequently but what really sets the Texas comments from the rest of the pack are Scott's and John's pictures.  I always include a cropped edited thumbnail of the winner from their pictures (I hope neither of John or Scott minds).  These are highly praised by the J105 National Secretary. 

So, John and Scott, thanks for your wonderful support of GBCA and Bay racing in general. You are also helping the 105's nationally as well.  As a former National J105 officer I have to say thank you for that and hope that you continue it forever.  You guys rock.

Deckhand

Thanks Bee. It is always fun to go back and look at past regattas. Thanks for including our pictures in your posts.
It's a beautiful nite in Port A.
Scott
GBCA Commodore 2014

MaryM

Thanks for the great day on the water and the wonderful pics!