2014 Board nominations

Started by ShakenNotStirred, September 19, 2013, 01:46:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShakenNotStirred

The Nominating Committee of the Board of Governors is issuing a call for nominations for our upcoming elections. Open positions include all flag officers (Commodore, Vice Commodore, Rear Commodore, Fleet Captain, Secretary and Treasurer.) These officers serve one-year terms. Three of the six additional board positions are open. These members serve two-year terms. Six candidates are required on the ballot for these three positions.

Nominees must be senior members in good standing. You must be a senior member in good standing to nominate someone.

Nominations will close on September 29, to give the Nominating Committee sufficient time to prepare and mail ballots to all senior members.

If you want to get more involved with your club by serving on the Board, or have someone to suggest, please submit a nomination.
To submit a nomination, contact a member of the Nominating Committee: Walter Caldwell, Jody Henry, Jim Wells, Chris Alk, or Scott Lacy.

If you have any questions about service on the Board, ask any current Board Member.
2013 Commodore

Terry Young

I would like to nominate Walter Horton as Fleet Captain or any other seat that is available. He and his wonderful wife Marilyn have been very active members of GBCA and Wednesday night racing as well, Walter is well known and respected here in the sailing community. He has helped many beginners here, to get their feet, and become sailor, and has volunteered his time and boat to take Boy Scotts out to get there sailing badges.

Sailchick

All of the senior members should have received their ballots by now and also an email with a few of the nominee bios.

Please fill out your forms and mail back to GBCA by November 1, 2014.  (That's next Friday!)

Thanks!
GBCA Past Past Commodore 2013

shawn

I can not say enough about Walter or Terry.  Katana was full of scouts also.  As far as recruiting new people I think I have seen a dozen new sailors on both boats.  Not all race but they are out there almost every weekend. There is also a Morgan running out there full of teachers and math students that came from this group.  That is a semi-true story.
Shawn
Semi True Story