Has anyone noticed what Oracle has done since last Thursday?

Started by JA, September 23, 2013, 08:29:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JA

I got a chance to be at the America's Cup for race 12 last Thursday in SF Bay.  For anyone watching it has been a tremendous comeback for Oracle and who now stands 5 to 8 against the Kiwis. For everyone who wrote this team off when it was 8 to 1 in favour of New Zealand boat, this group of sailors lead by Jimmy Spithill have gotten their act together and have come back starting last Thursday and made this event something to watch.  Oracle now seems to be the better boat in both moderate light to stronger winds.  In very light winds Emirates is the faster boat, but has to finish the race in less than 40 minutes.  Watching the AC-72's I can only say that it unlike anything that I have ever seen in sailboat racing. The speed and power that these boats have and then to have two crews of great sailors going at each other....will it really is something to watch. There are two races scheduled today and all it takes is Emirates to win one more race and it?s over. Stay tuned if Oracle pulls off another two wins this afternoon......odds are stacked against them but funnier things have happend in sports!