2014 Icicle Series

Started by Christopher, December 01, 2013, 07:11:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christopher

The 2014 Icicle series calendar and SI's are posted.

Linky

Race Date Course
#1 January 4   Standard
#2 January 11 Reverse
#3 January 18 Standard
#4 January 25 Reverse
#5 February 1 Standard

Participants are reminded that these are "fun races" without race/protest committee.  Aggressive, close quarter racing is frowned upon.  Let's help each other out.
Mahalo nui loa

Terry Young

Quote from earlyer feed-
Participants are reminded that these are "fun races" without race/protest committee.  Aggressive, close quarter racing is frowned upon.  Let's help each other out.

Definition: Just because the other guy is wrong, it doesn?t make it right to ram him!

Now, who wants Ice-cream!

Funk

I have not seen anyone getting rammed.
WHATS IT RATE

Charles

Quote from: Funk on December 06, 2013, 06:32:33 AM
I have not seen anyone getting rammed.

We try to keep those "under wraps"!   ;)
Moi Verstehe Nada,
Char-les

Bee

Trink

S/V Toccata

Bee

I remember that one Trink.  Had completely forgotten it.  Nice shot.

Terry Young

They were just making crew member change-ups, and forgot the gang plank :-) . The camera never forgets! I remember one ?fogy? Icicle race going around the low range, it was so fogy you could only see about 100 feet ahead, I could only hear a bunch of yelling and then the sound of crunching fiber glass and then more yelling! I so glad to be in the lead at the time.

Funk

That touching thing is un-seemly....
WHATS IT RATE

Firewater

Terry is just that kinda of guy, but is was foggy that time.

Charles

Quote from: Firewater on December 18, 2013, 08:13:15 AM
Terry is just that kinda of guy, but is was foggy that time.

I thought Terry was in a fog most of the time!
Moi Verstehe Nada,
Char-les

shawn

I distinctly remember a crunch when it was not foggy.  I think there were no pictures we were too stunned
Shawn
Semi True Story

Bee

It was definitely foggy the day Trink took that picture.  You can faintly see a boat in the background.  We watched it happen.  Most likely a combination of poor visibility and much different boat speeds in a crowd.  As I recall it was one of those days when you suddenly see the boat ahead appear out of the fog.

We had a close call during one of HYC's revognah's.  In what appeared to be an instant, Nemo appeared heading right toward us. Vic managed to avoid the collision but it was definitely close.

Maybe we need fog horns.

shawn

Actually I believe we are supposed to ring a bell in fog both my little Irwin and big Irwin have a bell.  Put that on your xmas list and be ready for fog.  Either that or an infrared camera they can see through fog.
Shawn
Semi True Story

Bee

Hmm.  I think one of the new air blast horns is better.  Just think, you could scare the hell out of the boat in front, just before you smacked 'em. :)