2014 Rum Race Series

Started by Christopher, May 19, 2014, 11:45:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deckhand

Here is a snipit of the video: https://www.flickr.com/photos/lacyphotos/14894454615/. Could not remember the youtube password, so tried Flickr. Flickr only loaded two segments and only at 3 mins each. Oh well, I have edited again, added music, and will reload tonite. My biggest flub was the finish of "Second Star". I had Missy in place, but forgot to hit record ???. Damned Champange  :-[ ! I will repost in the am. Also working on the Juniors video.
GBCA Commodore 2014

Deckhand

GBCA Commodore 2014

Christopher

30-40 boats braved the heat for the seventh running for the rum.  Thanks to Nicole and Swamp Shack for the gumbo at the after race party.  It must have been good.

#7 Rum Run - Aug 23 results:

Cruising Club:
1.  Other Woman
2.  Royal Crescent
3.  Chiron
4.  Katana
5.  Rapide

SOS:
1.  Mental Floss
2.  Selah
3.  Sea Gypsy

Non-Spin:
1.  Ella Grace
2.  Terrorist
3.  Tenacious
4.  Good News
5.  Rowdy

Spin Non-Sprit:
1.  Wild Cat
2.  Parrot Tales
3.  #41940
4.  Millennium Express
5.  Sol Aire

Spin Sprit:
1.  French Connection
2.  Leading Edge
3.  Pingo
4.  Parsons Project
5.  Airborne

Series results through the 7th race - Click here 

Mahalo nui loa

Deckhand

Photos from Rum Race 7: https://www.flickr.com/photos/lacyphotos/sets/72157646818436205/. Just about everybody took pictures last night; Becky Lacy, Kelley Dees, John, and myself. It was a hot nite on the bay, but we had a fabulous wind and everybody ended earlier than normal! We had quite the crew last nite. Besides the photographers, we had cousin Gary, Jimmy Peck and Sabrina, and a new Senior Member John Carmichael. He and his father have a 35' Schock they are rebuilding. He is looking to crew, but I am sure they will be looking for crew soon! One reason he joined GBCA (besides being a great club) was for the Senior Member Rewards. He has already saved more than the cost of the membership and they have only been here since May! Thanks Casey at Blackburn's for turning him on to GBCA.
 Thanks to Nicole Laster for getting Crazy Alan's "Swamp Shack" to sponsor the gumbo last nite. Hopefully everyone got a card for a "FREE" appetizer or dessert.
  I will work on the video today and get it loaded tonite.
GBCA Commodore 2014

Deckhand

GBCA Commodore 2014

Charles

Moi Verstehe Nada,
Char-les

Bee

I can resemble that remark

javascript:void(0);javascript:void(0);javascript:void(0);javascript:void(0);

Bee

OK, so I have stupidity today

:) :D ;D ::)

Eric713

Nine Hundred Ninety-One Bee.  It appears you are on final approach for ONE THOUSAND.....Like I could have had my doubts..

Bee

992 bottles of beer on the wall 992 bottles of beer if one of those bottles should happen to fall --- Nah ain't gonna happen.   ;D

Deckhand

Quote from: Deckhand on August 12, 2014, 12:26:10 PM
Here is a snipit of the video: https://www.flickr.com/photos/lacyphotos/14894454615/. Could not remember the youtube password, so tried Flickr. Flickr only loaded two segments and only at 3 mins each. Oh well, I have edited again, added music, and will reload tonite. My biggest flub was the finish of "Second Star". I had Missy in place, but forgot to hit record ???. Damned Champange  :-[ ! I will repost in the am. Also working on the Juniors video.
Rum Race 6 video reposted (again)! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKQJa95SF6YIt was not the Champagne after all! "Missy's" camera had saved the "Second Star" segment date as December 31, 2007. I found it while saving all the video to a new hard drive. Ahhh...now I can drink more Champagne :P
GBCA Commodore 2014

daysailor

There have been complaints about boats not turning in their time for the Club Handicap.  It would help if you would publish a web address that we can send them to.
Anyway,  Gemini, sail number 55 had a finish time of 19:50:20 if anyone cares, for the race on 08/23/2014.  Race #7

Would someone get this info to Kevin Box of Chris Dees or whoever is running it this year.

Skippers Scott and Hammond

Sailaway

I have forwarded to the Rooster and Mr. Dees will provide info  ;D

Thanks!

Christopher

Quote from: daysailor on August 28, 2014, 01:27:12 PM
There have been complaints about boats not turning in their time for the Club Handicap.  It would help if you would publish a web address that we can send them to.
Anyway,  Gemini, sail number 55 had a finish time of 19:50:20 if anyone cares, for the race on 08/23/2014.  Race #7

Would someone get this info to Kevin Box of Chris Dees or whoever is running it this year.

Read the Sailing Instructions.  Name, phone # and email contact are provided.  Club officers are available at the after race party to accept your time reporting.  Emails are regularly sent from RN to all participants of the Cruising Club, requesting time reporting.  Check your email registration and/or spam box.
Mahalo nui loa

ShakenNotStirred

Quote from: Christopher on August 28, 2014, 08:17:22 PM
Quote from: daysailor on August 28, 2014, 01:27:12 PM

Read the Sailing Instructions.  Name, phone # and email contact are provided.  Club officers are available at the after race party to accept your time reporting.  Emails are regularly sent from RN to all participants of the Cruising Club, requesting time reporting.  Check your email registration and/or spam box.

To make it easier to report finish times, there is a link on the Cruising Class page now: http://www.gbca.org/page-1551191
2013 Commodore