2014 Rum Race Series

Started by Christopher, May 19, 2014, 11:45:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

George E Cushing

Are there photos for RR8?

Thanks to the photographers. A great pleasure to look at.

Christopher

45-50 boats came out for the eighth and final running for the 2014 rum.  A cool northerly breeze 0f 12-20knts presented sailors with a different challenge for the summer series  :o  it felt like fall! Thanks to Steve Zirilli and Drew Peerless for the jambalaya, rice and bread sticks at the after race party.  It must have been great, because again, it was all gone by the time I got there!!!   >:(

#8 Rum Run - Sept. 13 results:

Cruising Club:
1.  Royal Crescent
2.  Ananda
3.  Rapide
4.  Escape Hatch
5.  Stellar of Course

SOS:
1.  Mental Floss
2.  Bad Girl
3.  Selah
4.  Sea Gypsy

Non-Spin:
1.  Terrorist
2.  Be Easy
3.  Frayed Knot
4.  Good News
5.  Tenacious

Spin Non-Sprit:
1.  Wild Cat
2.  Parrot Tales
3.  Sol Aire
4.  Millennium Express
(reported 4th place was actually a spin sprit boat)

Spin Sprit:
1.  Pingo
2.  J92 No Name
3.  Stinger
4.  French Connection
5.   vici

Series results through the 8th and final race - Click here

2014 Rum Race Series Winners are:

Cruising Club:
1.  Chiron
2.  Lil Bit a Sol
3.  Stellar of Course

SOS:
1.  Mental Floss
2.  Selah
3.  Big D

Non-Spin:
1.  Terrorist
2.  Tenacious
3.  Be Easy

Spin Non-Sprit:
1.  Toccata
2.  Wild Cat
3.  Millennium Express

Spin Sprit:
1.  Pingo
2.  ONO
3.  Stinger

Awards will be presented at the commodores ball.
Mahalo nui loa

Deckhand

I will get the photos out before noon. Yesterday at the last moment Becky and I decided to go to Red Fish Island to listen to the Texans. What a nice day to anchor out and listen to another win!
GBCA Commodore 2014

Deckhand

Barely getting them out before noon! https://www.flickr.com/photos/lacyphotos/sets/72157647644409325/ Becky and I got a few pics from Rum Race 8. It was a spectacular day on the bay for our last Rum Race of the year. A big shout out to Steve Zirilli who provided the Jambalaya, Marilyn Horton, and Drew Peerless for providing a great after race party. Thanks to all who came out to participate in the Rum Race series. Congratulations to all the winners. GBCA is "The Place to Race"! If you are not a member, consider joining! If you are a member, please keep you membership up to date. Your membership makes GBCA "The Place to Race"!
GBCA Commodore 2014