Servicing a Yanmar instrument panel

Started by Bob H, September 09, 2014, 02:42:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob H

Can anyone recommend someone who can troubleshoot and fix a Yanmar Engine instrument panel? The one on my boat has no audible alarm, and the temperature and pressure gauges don't read out.
Thanks,
Bob Hunkins

Bee

Might try Dennis at

Lakewood Yacht Services
2301 NASA Road 1, Seabrook, TX 77586
(281) 474-2885

Use to have him service Sea Bee all the time.

Bob H

Lakewood Yacht Services told me they don't service engines anymore. Dennis passed away, apparently. :(

Deckhand

Too bad about Dennis. You might try Gulf Coast Composite. I believe they are a Yanmar dealer.
GBCA Commodore 2014

B_K

Yes, Gulf Coast Complete Marine Service (Gulf Coast Composite) is the main service and parts dealer in Texas.

Call the Service Manager, Chris
281-334-4417

George E Cushing

I used William Henslee with Southern Diesel Marine ((281) 808-3061)  for extensive engine work on the J 92 last summer and I was very happy with the results. Showed up and got the work done as promised.

Big John

Gulf Coast Complete is convenient if they happen to have the part you need.  I would contact Yanmar USA and go up the food chain for anything more complicated.  Highest recommendations for William Henslee.

B_K

FYI -  Bob, whom ever you use; you are probably looking at a fix of one or more of the below:

1)  Bad wiring (usually ground wiring but sometimes positive continuity)
2)  Bad buzzer (I didn't sell many of these so not usually the problem)
3)  Bad sensors (most likely problem other than #1, sold a ton of those)  Temp gauge sensor, Temp buzzer sensor, Oil Pressure sensor
4)  Bad gauges.  Happens every once in a while, probably not the problem

Parts are relatively cheap.