2015 Icicle Series

Started by Christopher, December 04, 2014, 04:47:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christopher

Schedule: Every Saturday in January 2015.

Race Date            Course
1      January 3    Standard
2      January 10  Reverse
3      January 17  Standard
4      January 24  Reverse
5      January 31  Standard

SI's - Click here

GBCA Club Handicap Participant List - Click here

GBCA Club Handicap Registration - Click here
Mahalo nui loa

Christopher

/\ BUMP /\

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Starts this Saturday!

Be there or be square.  Aloha!
Mahalo nui loa

Bee

Fantastic day today.  Thanks to Scotty, Chris, Bob, and all the rest of the great GBCA Volunteers.  GBCA rocks.

Will be back next Saturday.

Deckhand

It turned out to be a great day on the bay. I will get the pictures loaded up hopefully Tuesday. I had to leave early to visit with my four Great Nephews.
GBCA Commodore 2014

Bee

Sorry I forgot to include John Lacy in my post.  The Lacy's are the best thing that ever happened to GBCA.  Thanks 3fbr.

Deckhand

Thanks Bee. We have had alot of fun. Starting our 9th year on race committiee we have learned alot from others. It takes more than just John and I to make this a great club. All the past and present Board members as well as all the great members who come out to race and party, have made this a great club. What is really fun, is to watch the racing on the water. It was a cool start yesterday between the 105's. Here are the pictures from yesterday,
https://www.flickr.com/photos/lacyphotos/sets/72157649706310299 . If anyone would like the 100% sized pictures, let me know, sailsong@swbell.net (free!). It was nice seeing a few new boats as well as our Commodore Dees and Treasurer Zirilli helping out a new member. That is what this club is all about!
Scotty
GBCA Commodore 2014

Bee

I've already downloaded all the 105 shots. Thanks

Christopher

40 boats came out for the first of the 2015 Cruzan Rum Icicle Series.  A cool north westerly breeze 0f 10-12knts presented sailors with a refreshing return to Galveston Bay racing.  Thanks to Marilyn Horton for the sailors stew to warm the stomachs.

#1 Icicle - Jan. 3 results:

Cruising Club:
1.  Gemini
2.  Oxbow
3.  Royal Crescent
4.  Chloe
5.  Other Woman

SOS:
1.  Tenacious
2.  Selah
3.  Mental Floss
4.  Rapide

Non-Spin:
1.  Be Easy
2.  Terrorist
3.  Good News
4.  Big D
5.  High Cotton

Spin Non-Sprit:
1.  Wild Cat
2.  Parrot Tales
3.  Loose Cannon
4.  Press to MECO
Fire Water reported finishing 3rd, RAF [retire after finish] his boat when he realized he had started too early.  That's in keeping with the good Corinthian spirit!!  Well done Walter.

Spin Sprit:
1.  Stinger
2.  Pingo
3.  Infinity
4.  Hamburg
5.  J92 #77 (noname)

Series results through the first race - Click here

For the Cruising Club participants who have asked where they finished, following are all the self reported results:

Gemini               #55      13:20:08
Oxbow               #196     13:23:20
Royal Crescent    #655    13:25:05
Chloe                 #792    13:25:44
Other Woman     #001    13:29:14
NONAME            #291    13:30:16
Escape Hatch      #444    13:31:27
Lil Bit a Sol         #713    13:32:20
Osprey               #168    13:33:02
Stellar of Course #133    13:33:33
Wandering Star  #38109 13:41:33
Hippokampos     #39       14:33:08

Your finish times and ratings are currently being crunched by the Rooster computer and will be updated by the next race.

Mahalo nui loa

Eric713

Thanks for listing the Cruising Class times.

gwittich

Icicle 2 will be the 4th annual "Goulash Race".
Hans Sitter, owner of King's Biergarten in Pearland will again provide goulash soup.
(Hans is now also an author and may want to promote his new book. I doubt it will have much to do with sailing.)
Gerhard
Gerhard Wittich/sv Figaro

Veljko

Quote from: gwittich on January 08, 2015, 11:02:26 AM
Icicle 2 will be the 4th annual "Goulash Race".
Hans Sitter, owner of King's Biergarten in Pearland will again provide goulash soup.
(Hans is now also an author and may want to promote his new book. I doubt it will have much to do with sailing.)
Gerhard

Sweet comfort food! Thanks Hans!

Deckhand

Thanks you Gerhard for setting this up! Can't wait to see the new boat!!
GBCA Commodore 2014

gwittich

This time it will still be the old Figaro.
We plan to bring "Bayou Baby" out for Judge Smails.
Gerhard Wittich/sv Figaro

Hamburger

What does the Bayou Babe rate, Gerhard? Will you finally have to start from the back of the pack?

Eric713

Gerhard.. Even verbal abuse can be considered a form of recognition. Look forward to seeing you Saturday! (Lil Bit A Bitch).