2015 Rum Races

Started by Bob H, May 15, 2015, 03:45:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stellar of Course

Bob:

Finish time for Stellar of Course was 18:56:18.

Great race, looking forward to next Saturday.

Ron E

Stellar of Course

Will we have updated handicaps for the cruising class before Saturday?

Ron E

Eric713

Looks like a last minute issue.  I counted 20 orange flags last week!  I'm still waiting for the finish times to be posted from last week.

Charles

Quote from: Eric713 on July 17, 2015, 06:39:36 AM
Looks like a last minute issue.  I counted 20 orange flags last week!  I'm still waiting for the finish times to be posted from last week.
You know how them inganeers are!
Moi Verstehe Nada,
Char-les

Christopher

Quote from: Ron_1056 on July 16, 2015, 07:25:21 PM
Will we have updated handicaps for the cruising class before Saturday?

Ron E

Yes, ratings have been updated as of this morning. Participants should have received an email via regatta network.  Check your spam box.  Sorry for the delay, sometimes it takes all week to collect finish times.
If you were in the middle of the fleet, your rating probably didn't change much, if at all.  Only those at the front and tail end will change as the equation tries to bring boat ratings toward the middle. 

Whether you think or wonder if your rating should or has changed, but you don't see a change in the database ratings on the day of the race - then that is your rating for the day.

Have fun tomorrow!
Mahalo nui loa

Bob H

Rum Race #4 results have been posted.
http://www.gbca.org/Resources/Documents/2015%20Rum%20Series%20Results.pdf

Cruising Club skippers, if you have not already done so, please provide your finishing time. There should have been an e-mail from Regatta network sent out this morning, check you spam box if you didn't get it. Please reply to that message. We need these results so that the Cruising fleet has adjusyed ratings in time for the Conundrum regatta on July 26th.
Thanks!

Bob H.

Stellar of Course

Hmmm, this link only shows races thru rum Race #3.

Bee

Stellar of Course

Bee, that's the first thing I tried but still only show results thru Rum Race #3. Are you able to see Rum Race #4 on the results page?

Bee

Bob H

Club Handicap ratings are posted with updates from Rum Race #4.

Bob H

Correction to the Spin non-sprit fleet for Rum Race #4. Terrorist used a sprit and was mistakenly scored in that fleet, and did nto place in the sprit fleet.
The remaining boats were moved up by one place, and Rowdy was 5th.

Bob H

For Rum Race #5, I need a little help sorting some finishes out.
Here's what I have. We are reviewing the photos from last night as well.
If you know for certain something is wrong here, please send me a message.
Please also remember to fly your class flags per the sailing instructions. Make sure they are visible to other boats, especially when you are finishing.
Thanks,
Bob H.

PHRF Spinnaker Non Sprit:
1. Yikes
2. Student Driver
3. Joyride
4. ? (Gold Rush was mistakenly said to be in this fleet, but she has a Sprit.)
5. ?

Other boats reported in this fleet were:
Firewater (finished 18:24:25)
SSTV Sirly (18:25:50)
Antares 18:25:55
sail number 43764 (no name provided) (18:27:19)
Solaire (18:30:12)

PHRF Spin Sprit
1. Pingo
2. Terrorist (has a sprit)
3. Infinity
4. Ono
5. Parson's project

PHRF Non-Spin
1. Be Easy
2. Tenacious
3. Owl
4. Shaken not Stirred
5. Siphon

Cruising Club
1. Amore
2. Royal Crescent
3. 4. Bayou Baby or Osprey - Amore recorded Bayou Baby before Osprey, Osprey indicates they passed Bayou Baby on the last leg. We are examining the photos. If a member of Bayou Baby's crew can provide information to help us that would be appreciated.
5. Reflection

SOS
1. Selah
2. Rapide
(Any other SOS fleet members please indicate that you sailed and your finish times.)

Bee

Osprey passed Bayou Baby, but I thought it was on the M55->E leg.

Yes I was the fat guy on the rail. 

Bayou Baby lost tight control of her jib just after rounding E.  Could not point.

Bee

OOPS, my mistake.  I was thinking of Joyride, not Osprey.  Did not actually pay attention to where we finished.