2015 Rum Races

Started by Bob H, May 15, 2015, 03:45:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeaGypsy

Will the club house be open around 2 Saturday for a cookie drop off ?

CJ
s/v Sea Gypsy

Deckhand

I should be there about 1:30PM to drop of ice and set up for the party. I hope to leave by 2PM.
Scott
GBCA Commodore 2014

SeaGypsy

I'll drop off at 1:30.
Thanks,
CJ

SeaGypsy

Not sure it matters, but Sea Gypsy's finish was 19:32:29.

Not bad for an old Cheoy Lee with a wooden mast.  See you all at the HMR, and look out for us if the wind goes north of 20 knots and the sees are 10-12 ft.

BJ and CJ

Charles

Quote from: SeaGypsy on September 11, 2015, 12:22:02 PM
Will the club house be open around 2 Saturday for a cookie drop off ?

CJ
s/v Sea Gypsy

Cookies were GOOD!
Moi Verstehe Nada,
Char-les

Deckhand

GBCA Cruzan Rum Race 8 photos by Becky. https://www.flickr.com/photos/lacyphotos/albums/72157658583266905
It was a fine day on the bay and a great pizza party courtesy of BM Boat Works. Cookies courtesy of C.J. Jenko on Sea Gyspy. Thanks to all that came out to race the final race of the series.
GBCA Commodore 2014

Bee

Not sure why but for some unexplained reason I really like the top picture in the Rum Race 8 Album.

Deckhand

GBCA Commodore 2014

pete

Lacys,
Great pics and video, we are lucky to have you guys and gals who act as a fan club for the whole sailing comunity!

RC
Are results posted for #8 ?

Bob H

Preliminary Results are posted, pending any corrections. Skippers must be senior members in good standing to receive awards at the Commodore's Ball in February.
http://gbca.memberlodge.org/Resources/Documents/2015%20Rum%20Series%20Results.pdf

Cruising class times reported are also posted.
http://gbca.memberlodge.org/resources/Documents/2015RumRace8Cruisingclasstimes.pdf

Bob H

In case some people are wondering, I want to call attention to this Sailing Instruction:
-----
IX. Finishing
The first yacht in each class to cross the finish line will be the winner of the class and be required to record the next 4
places in her class by legibly recording the boat name and or sail numbers. The finishing information then must be
presented to the race chairman at the social event following the race. Remember, to score a first place, a yacht must
both cross the finish line first and record the next four finishers.

GBCA Club Handicap: The first yacht in the GBCA Club Handicap class to cross the finish line will be the winner of the
class and be required to record the next 4 places by recording the boat name and or sail numbers. The winning yacht
shall also record the finish time for the next 4 places. Each yacht finishing shall record their finish time and report it to
the Fleet Captain or another Club Officer at the post race party or by email or by posting on the discussion forum.
The race ends at 21:00. Any boat that has not finished by this time will not be scored.
------

The first three boats in the cruising club handicap fleet that crossed the finish line did not provide finish times to us. That's why they did not get points. It's incumbent on the racers to record finishers.

If you think you sailed a fast race and don't see someone in your fleet (same color flag and/or sprit config) hanging around 1/2, you should consider doing that. Worst case you find out that you're sixth or seventh by a long shot and wasted a little time getting to the party. That's the cost/benefit analysis that the skipper will have to make!

If you're not sure about it out on the water, another option is to talk to your competitors at the party, and determine who should have been first, put together the results, and get it to us there.

Let's try this again in January with the Icicle races!

SeaGypsy

Bob, did you get Sea Gypsy's time in race 8?   19:32:29
Thanks,
CJ

CapRevJohn

There was a scoring error in Rum Race 8 in the Spinnaker Non-Sprit Class.  Petite Helene (#12) was missed completely.  The correct order....verified by the drone video...is: 1) Picante,  2) Yikes,  3) J-24 #USA 267,  4) Petite Helene, and  5) #41940.  The white flag was flying on Petite Helene but may be blocked to the drone. Thanks to all that helped make the Rum Race Series and parties so much fun!

Bob H

After review of the photos, it is confirmed that Petite Helene finished 4th.
The Results have been updated to reflect this.

CapRevJohn

Thanks Bob!  My crew will be happy.  They sailed well.