2015 Rum Races

Started by Bob H, May 15, 2015, 03:45:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deckhand

Photos from GBCA Cruzan Rum Race 5. https://www.flickr.com/photos/lacyphotos/sets/72157654682252274 . A nice turnout for a hot August afternoon. If you would like the 100% photos send me an email at sailsong@swbell.net .
   My apologies for not toasting Kevin Box at the after party. Talked to alot of people about him, but forgot when I got in front of the mic. The orange banner on the back of Tramp was in his honor as he bought that flag for our "Start Line".
Scotty
GBCA Commodore 2014

dc1sail

Many Thanks To Andy Westcoat, skipper of Harm's Way,  for the great food he provided after Rum Race #5.   The brats were excellent and the potato salad was simply to die for ! 

Dave Christensen
S/V Airborne

Osprey

I think we passed you on the first and third legs.  Fun race!  Sorry to hear you had trouble.

Osprey

Stellar of Course

Finish Time for Stellar of Course was 6:51:20.  Will the finish times for the Cruising boats be posted?
Great Race

Ron E

Bob H

Cruising club times received as of this posting:

Amore                            18:23:03
Royal Crescent                   18:23:35
Osprey                      18:28:20
Bayou Baby                    18:30:30
Reflection                      18:30:45
Knot On Call              18:32:09
Ibis                                   18:34:45
Hobgoblin                  18:38:06
Free on Board                   18:42:45
Tri-ed N' True               18:45:40
Lone Star Dragon      18:50:35
Stellar Of course       18:51:20
Sunspot Baby              18:52:41
Ox-Bow                      19:01:34
Sea Gypsy                  19:03:03
Dream                           19:16:02
Chiel                               19:19:42

Bob H

Yogi

Was wondering when new handicap numbers would be posted.

Bob H

Ratings from boats sailing in Mixed doubles updated. Not enough boats in single hand to perform corrections.

http://www.regattanetwork.com/clubmgmt/applet_registrant_list.php?regatta_id=2575&custom_report_id=2

gwittich

Bob, Bayou Baby actually raced in the spinnaker class (before we lost our jib).
We carried the white flag on top and the orange below - in honor of Kevin Box.
Sorry for the confusion.
Gerhard
Gerhard Wittich/sv Figaro

gwittich

I am referring to Rum 5.
Gerhard Wittich/sv Figaro

Bob H

Thanks, I've corrected RR 5 results. Will be reflected in next update.

Stellar of Course

Bob:

For Cruising Class yesterday I included Escape Hatch in the finish times for the Cruising class. I heard afterward that Escape Hatch was not in Cruising Class yesterday. You may wish to check.

Just so used to racing against them in Cruising Class I assumed they were in our class.

Ron E

Deckhand

Photos from GBCA Cruzan Rum Race 6. https://www.flickr.com/photos/lacyphotos/albums/72157657243024890 Thanks Becky for taking pictures while I flew Missy. A few issues with Missy, so I will post the video that I am able to access. Trouble with the SD card. Finally used Jimmy Peck's card from his phone and was able to get a little more video. Hopefully will be out this evening. For 100% sized photos sailsong@swbell.net.
GBCA Commodore 2014

Tye Dyed Gary

Last night there was some discussion about scoring a boat that placed but did not fly a class flag. It was decided that it clearly state in the rules ( VIII, Special Instructions ) That Yachts racing shall Clearly Display their class flag.
After looking at photos of last nights race, I noticed a large number of boat not carrying any class flag. This makes it rough on whoever is trying to record finishes in any given class. This brings into question are they racing or just out for an evening mass cruse with several hundred of their friends, which is OK.

Now a thought for the Icicle and next years Rum Races. Have three spinnaker classes. Two A-kites classes, bowsprit and non bowsprit, and one symmetrical w/spin pole. This thought because, non bowsprit and symmetrical kite boats sometimes get lumped together and it takes a while to sort it out. Also if you check out the photos there are a lot of A-kites on non bowsprit boats, and the two different types boats have different handling,(to some point). Anyway it's something to think about.     

Foredeck Crew Union, Local GBCA
'Shut Up' Just Drive the Boat

Deckhand

GBCA Commodore 2014