Informal bay race Wednesday!

Started by Trink, May 03, 2016, 02:35:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trink

Some of the CLRA PHRF skippers are planning an informal race on the bay tomorrow when CLRA has a bye week and we want invite all like-minded sailors to join us.

We will follow the standard course for this year's Icicle Series, and add 6 hours to the Icicle starting time. That puts most boats starting between 5:45 and 6:15 PM.

No racing on the lake this week but the bay is wide open! All boats are welcome.
S/V Toccata

Trink

We had a lot of fun last time so it's going to happen again! Race this Wednesday on Galveston Bay.

Use the Icicle Race SI's and add 6 hours to the start time. Standard course.

3 boats have committed so far.
S/V Toccata

gwittich

Great idea Gary - unfortunately I did not save the Icicle SI's.
Can you give me the start time for handicap 96?

If anybody wants to race on Big Fig tomorrow (PHRF spin, non-sprit), give me a call.
(713) 854-6240.

GW
Gerhard Wittich/sv Figaro

Trink

S/V Toccata

gadangit

Okay, count SolAire in as well.  And be prepared to sail swiftly away from us in the dying breeze...  :)
Chris

Jimmy

STuma

Franken will come out... starting at 6:18-ish....
cheers...
Scott

jmiller59

STuma

It was great to see boats out on the bay on a week day.

An idea; I can encourage a Bay class using the icicle course (as Gary has started) each Wednesday. People are free to do as they wish, but I can help keep track of finishes and with enough boats, award prizes.

To me, I would suggest make it a Wednesday Night Double Handed Bay Race. This will solve the crew issue. Something to get people out and get a mid-week break from the stress.
cheers...
Scott

Bee

Any interest in a bay based race Wednesday?

gadangit

I'd do it, but I need one crew to make it a double hand.  Any volunteers?

Bee

I think its best to wait until July 13 and the next Bye week.  I miss read the schedule.

Jeff K

I like the idea but how many boats would we lose to the lake on real Wednesday nights?
Who wasn't on the vang?

Bee

Jeff -- you probably remember that the 80's used to do something like this.  I did the bay part once on Stinger but I was the only 105 out there, so we wound up practicing stars.

Bee

Is anyone planning to do this on Wednesday?