Informal bay race Wednesday!

Started by Trink, May 03, 2016, 02:35:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gadangit

I could be convinced.  Most likely be doublehanded.

Trink

Yes, it continues this week. Icicle Race SI's and add 6 hours to the start time. S winds are predicted, we may want to consider the reverse course for Wednesday. I will be on Bad Girl.
S/V Toccata

STuma

Quote from: Jeff K on June 15, 2016, 12:22:17 PM
I like the idea but how many boats would we lose to the lake on real Wednesday nights?

Jeff, I don't think many, if any. The people on the Lake like the close action. If something gets rolling on the Bay, that is great.

CLRA used to run races on the Bay for the 80s, but the participation was very unpredictable and many times the RC would sit out by them self; so I killed it and encouraged Chris to sail.

I had proposed an option to the 80s at one time; 4 boats, 4 races/series - each boat runs a race. This can be done with a whistle and 3 marks.

If the big boats want to run a course (Icicle) on the bay and give me the scores and join the party/awards afterwards, please do. I think it would be great. One thing I would suggest to level out the playing field - make the bay races double handed. This will help with the crew issue the bigger boats face. This could be a great option for the 80 and 70s that want to sail, but are concerned about the depth issue in the lake (even though the Melges 24 sails weekly).

cheers...
Scott
cheers...
Scott

Mark

Where do you access the Iclicle start times?
The sailing instructions which contain start times are no longer posted.

Trink

A link to the Icicle SI's can be found earlier in this thread. It sounds like we may have 6-7 boats competing, ranging from catamarans to 43'.

Don't forget reverse course!

S/V Toccata

STuma

Thank you Gary for putting that together... it is a great break... I had forgotten how nice it is to sail on Wednesdays...
cheers...
Scott

Bee

I had an absolutely wonderful time on Bad Girl.

Trink

It's that time again, a bye week for CLRA, so a bay race this Wednesday night. Follow the Icicle class SI's (a link can be bound earlier in this thread) but add six (6) hours to your time.

Reverse course likely.
S/V Toccata

jmiller59

Renaissance is in.

Still a tad short handed.
Jim

Trink

S/V Toccata

Bee

Bee has a bad cold. Stinger is out.

Trink

Crew slots still open for tonight!
S/V Toccata

Trink

Reverse course for tonight.

This is also a great opportunity to try out the GBCA racing results (genie) for tonight: http://racing.gbca.org/

I thin 8 boats now, crew slots are available!
S/V Toccata

Trink

Time for one last Wednesday night race in the bay. Icicle race start times + six hours (a link to the SI's is in this thread. Course TBD depending on wind forecast. Prize for the first spinnaker monohull to finish. 3 boats so far!
S/V Toccata

gadangit