J/24 Navy Blazer loaded, extras with winning pedigree for sale $7500

Started by USA74, July 01, 2016, 02:42:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

USA74

I know this boat and boat owner well, as they were both fixtures at Lake Texoma where we used to keep our boats (back when there was an active racing scene at Texoma). This is the best looking J/24 I've ever seen, and I can personally attest to the fact that it was well-sailed. At this price, the boat should be a STEAL for someone. Gary was saving this boat to sail with his grandkids, but one graduated and the other became a select level soccer player (so not much free time for other pursuits). Would love to see it land on Galveston Bay, as I'm a bit sentimental about this one. Gary Witt is a great guy, and this boat deserves a good home. Gary has a nice flyer with pics he can send you if you're interested.

Navy Blazer
1979 J/24, Hull number 1994

Boat has been repainted with urethane, original blue with yellow waterline stipe. Below water surface has never had anything but VC17M applied. Bottom currently needs to be repainted; keel was epoxied with West System, but has no paint. Hull is dry; boat has been in covered storage since 2008 in Nebraska.

At least 4 mains are included, two are quite new, multiple jibs and spinnakers are also included; all are class legal sails.

Further information on sail inventory to interested party. Also includes frame work for 4000 pound BoatFloater lift. Tanks became perforated because of stray electrical currents when due to poor installation practices and were scrapped.

Includes single axle Triad trail with ramp launch capability. Trailer was rebuilt with new brakes (shoes and drums) with new hydraulic actuator in 2008 and has 1000 miles on that overhaul, and has not been submerged since that time.

Asking $7500 for the package. Measurement certificate is available.