Young Enthusiastic Sailor Seeks Crew Position

Started by Lagoon_Hopper, April 04, 2017, 10:44:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lagoon_Hopper

MY GF and I are very excited about sailing. I'm 26 and she is the same age. She is 120 weight area and might be good on the bow-ready to learn it anyway. Both of us are healthy. We've been out on many boats and own a small sailboat. We've some limited experience with racing but the boat I've been on, a 40 footer, doesn't go out much. We'd like to find a spot where we can crew and learn more about this sport. We're really looking for long term crew slots when we can gain the required skills over time, and grow with your team to be valuable members. We will work hard to make your team successful (we don't know a lot but will make up for that with our exuberance). We are dependable and seriously Gung-ho. My family has a house close to Seabrook Marina so I'm in the area a lot. Contact me if we can help your team. Cheers! 
-James W.F.K.

john.a.lever

Hi,  you may find some impromptu crewing opportunities at the Clear Lake Racing Association's Wednesday Night Races.  Here's a quote from their website (http://www.clearlakeracing.com/):

CLRA has a special arrangement to assist guest crew with finding boats.  We have a "Crew" flag set up at the end of the Villa Capri dock.  If you want a sailboat ride (and are willing to work), just come out a little early (before 6:10 PM), and hoist the bright pink Crew flag at the end of the dock.  When a boat comes over looking for crew, get on board.  They are committing to get you back to the dock after racing (~Sunset) unless you agree to other arrangement. Before getting on a boat or leaving the dock for any other reason, lower the flag.  It will be hoisted by the next person. That's the rule.  Flag up means someone is there ready to get on any boat.  Flag down means no boats will come in. The "Crew" flag is NOT for pre-arranged crew getting on a boat.  If you put the flag up and don't go with the first boat offering to take you, please leave the dock. Remember. The worst day of sailing is better than the best day of watching.

Xavier

Are you interested in Wednesday night racing? I'm looking to train couple people email ilive2sail@hotmail.com

Marty P.

Are you available to crew this weekend in the Shoe Regatta? The boat is the Hobgoblin, a Hunter Legend 40 docked at LYC.  In addition to this weekend, I plan on racing in the Rum Races and the Heald Bank offshore race in July.
Please let me know as soon as you can. You can contact me at mmped@aol.com

Bee

I own, race, and sail the J105 Stinger.  I can be emailed at bee at panoramatech dot com or via cell at 713.562.3218.

I would like to put you on my crew list.  if you don't mind,  please send me an email with your contact information.

Thanks

Bee Bednar (Male)