2017 Informal Bay Racing

Started by jmiller59, April 27, 2017, 08:43:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmiller59

Some skippers were talking about it after the WNR last night.  I am taking the liberty of posting it here.   Here's a rehash of what Gary organized last year:
Course is Icicle standard ( Start->H->E->Finish)
Start time: your Icicle Race  start time + 6 hours - most boats start between 5:45 pm and 6:15 pm

Icicle SIs are still on the GBCA page (thanks Darin!):
http://gbca.org/resources/Documents/2017%20Icicle%20Series%20Sailing%20Instructions.pdf

Bob H

Leopard will be out this Weds, with the blessing.

pete

I suggest postponing until Friday evening on account of the weather forecast for this afternoon.
Dare I say an unofficial TGIF race?

Nicole

As of right now Bad Girl will be out. Wanted to practice spin but not if it's crazy like the forecast is showing. I can't make Friday even though sailing sounds like a much better plan.

Bee

I am envious.  Have a great time guys.

I just want to sail.  Yeah I am a cry baby.

Compared to what some of my friends are going through I am having a great time.

jmiller59

Did anybody make it out Wednesday?  My doc says I am still grounded from my bad back, so didnt even try to go out. Weather didnt seem too bad after all - at least while sitting n the couch looking out the window.

Bee

Damn Jim.  That's terrible, but I know exactly what you mean.  On May 19th a Neurosurgeon is scheduled to ream out my spine with his $70,000 dremel tool. This on top of partial knee replacement.  Looks like I will be off the water for a long time. I hate it when that happens.

Take care.

Quote from: jmiller59 on May 07, 2017, 05:13:01 PM
Did anybody make it out Wednesday?  My doc says I am still grounded from my bad back, so didnt even try to go out. Weather didnt seem too bad after all - at least while sitting n the couch looking out the window.

JayZ

Anyone doing this tomorrow?

Banjo Girl going out to excercise some of her neglected systems...
Jay Zittrer
s/v BANJO GIRL

Trink

CLRA is not racing this week so it's time for a bay race! We'll follow the 2017 Icicle Races (link in previous post) and add 6 hours to the start time. The forecast is for NE winds so lets go with the reverse course.
S/V Toccata

BrianL

I will be there. Reverse course. Icicle marks

Brian
SV Windfall

JayZ

I'm thinking about taking the Banjo Girl out for this with a bunch of the young LYC Seahorse campers.

Is this spin only?  just need to know so I can bring along another adult or two if need be.
Jay Zittrer
s/v BANJO GIRL

Trink

It's up to you. Based on the skippers that have checked in with me or stated their intentions, we have 4 spin and one either NS or club handicap.
S/V Toccata

Bob H

I could use a few crew who know how to fly a spinnaker. Otherwise, I'll go NS.

JayZ

Banjo Girl is in for tonight.  I'll know when I leave the dock if spin or non-spin -depending on who shows up.

Looking like non-spin.

Cheers,

JZ
Jay Zittrer
s/v BANJO GIRL