Author Topic: Texas Race Week  (Read 1655 times)

SeaGypsy

• View Profile
Re: Texas Race Week
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2017, 08:04:06 AM »
To the Esteemed Race Committee:

Considering the forecast current and wind conditions for the Galveston Bay Entrance posted below, please move the starting line to a committee boat, stationed North of the South Jetty light (marker 5A,  which must be left to startboard) but just out of the main shipping channel.  There is a reasonable amount of space there. 

If you don't change something, you may not have many TRW finishers.

Refer to NGOFS forecast charts attached

Sincerely,
Capt. Bill Jenko
S/V Sea Gypsy
GBCA Sr. Member

ShakenNotStirred

• Board
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2017, 12:53:29 PM »
A couple of amendments to the SIs...
One to replace a non-existent fixed mark with an existing one, and the course changes that it affects:
https://www.regattanetwork.com/clubmgmt/regatta_uploads/14652/2017TRWSIs_rev2.pdf

Another to allow the RC the option of starting the races outside the jetties at 5A.
http://www.regattanetwork.com/clubmgmt/regatta_uploads/14652/2017TRWSIs_rev3.pdf
2013 Commodore

ShakenNotStirred

• Board
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2017, 12:30:21 PM »
Found:
Someone left a red rain jacket at the Texas Seaport Museum on Saturday.
2013 Commodore

shawn

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2017, 02:27:23 PM »
First of all wonderfull party at Elissa. Jazz band shrimp  everything.  Awesome race committee.  Not just saying cuz we did well.  I think the last one i went to several years ago we just stayed in the club each night.  It helped we had a car there and got around.  The jetties were very intimidating when we were trying to get out the second day.  I understand why some did not make it out- we just made it in the light air.  Had I been in a heavier boat I would not have made it out. 

I look forward to the next one
Cheers
Shawn
Semi True Story