SUPERGIRL J/29 MHOB IS PUTTING TOGETHER CREW

Started by SUPERGIRL, May 15, 2017, 04:11:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SUPERGIRL

Hi, John McCutchen II here. My wife Karen and I are members at HYC and have acquired a J-29 MHOB. Hull 004. Factory black and white. We named her SUPERGIRL. She is a very well sorted, competitively campaigned and professionally maintained race boat. New sails every year, tapered lines, faired...the works! She was dry sailed almost her entire life. (Yes, she came with a super trailer too!)

We have been boating for 37 years. Power mostly; however, the past  4 years we have been crewing on several competitive boats (Leading Edge, Aeolus, Outrageous, Phoenix and others)...watching and learning. I am a retired professional race car driver but still compete as a Pro-Am in the IMSA Weathertech Series. (Godstone Ranch Motorsports). That said, we know teamwork and what it takes to be competitive! Races are won by all team members doing their job, a lesson we have learned very well at the race track. Preparation is the hallmark of professional motorsports. No different in competitive sailing.

Drop us a line. My email is jmccutchen@ontime-electric.com. We will campaign in club races, Rum Races and One-Design. And yes, it looks like we are goin to be able to make a J-29 Class!

Rmiller1

Sorry for bumping an old post. My main ride is a J/24. We do most of our OD circuit and practice most weekends so my time is limited, but I don't usually have a boat to sail on for Rum Races and can fill in if you need a spare set of hands. I can trim, work the middle, or fill in as rail meat.

Saw you guys last weekend at the Leukemia Cup- nice looking boat!