Single/Double Course

Started by STuma, August 02, 2017, 08:00:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

STuma

With the NOR for the Single/Double stating various length distance courses, would the PRO consider something more than just a Rum Race, or Icicle, course? Something at least 22.48nm.... my thought would be Start > M55 > High Range > Start area > M55 > Finish. Or, some large triangle Windward/Leeward course.
cheers...
Scott

DarinK

I believe they were thinking star for Club, and W/L for all others.  I'll ask "someone in charge" to comment. ;)

STuma

and... I just noticed GBCA is opening it up to Portsmouth Multis...... flippin' awesome..... I'm checking people's temperature...
cheers...
Scott

BrianL

is it just one race? or several shorter?. Might be able to make it this year

Brian

Rmiller1

I just want to know if it's going to be class start or pursuit. It'll be my first race at helm, and I'm sure hoping to minimize the number of insurance claims I have to file after the race :)

Tye Dyed Gary

The NOR's have an update stating the courses can be W/L or a distance.  Some of the factors that will dictate what course is decided on by the race PRO is, size of
any given class, and resources available the day of the given race. It could be one group does W/L while another will be seeing the sights of the bay. Or, we all do W/L or distance. Ether way we need people to register, the sooner the better so we know how many trophies to order and rum to get for the party.   
Foredeck Crew Union, Local GBCA
'Shut Up' Just Drive the Boat

Hamburger No 1

Agree: Sign up y'all!! There's for sure no trophy for being last signing up!

Rmiller1

I plan to sign up Sunday, as soon as we figure out if we can fly the spinnaker without dying!

Tye Dyed Gary

You need to sign up now. NOR states the classes formed by 1700 Sat. Aug.12,2017 will be awarded trophies as--- .  Also entries received after Aug.12th will be subject to late fee.  Besides just because you register spin class doesn't mean you have to fly it.

Rmiller1

Boo. Ok, registered for non-spin. It'll give Hamburg someone to beat, at least!

beverly

Trophies are in the works.  You'll want one.  Sign up and race.  And even if you form a class late, or add to one - we'll still clap for you and give you something to hold for a picture at announcements.  We have a few unclaimed past trophies in the clubhouse, maybe you can take your pick? 

8)
Beverly
Your trusty 2017 Rear Commodore, in charge of the trophies

beverly

And speaking of the Mixed Doubles - y'all realize this is a MIXED Doubles Regatta, right.   I'm a little concerned as I review the crew that are listed on the registrations....I'm not going to have everyone specify what gender they associate with, but it is the intent to have one from each gender in this race - that one crew would prefer to whiz off the back of the boat while standing and holding onto the backstay with one hand.  The other crew would probably like a bucket to squat and tee-tee.

Mixed Doubles does not mean a double Cruzan and Coke in a red solo cup.   :o

Rmiller1

How much begging am I going to have to do it my PHRF-GB certificate hasn't arrived by Saturday? My boat is showing up as registered on the PHRF-GB site, but I don't have any paper I  hand yet.

Tye Dyed Gary

Go to the PHRF web site, sign in and print your certificate. ---- another organization dragging us screaming and kicking into the 21st century. 

Rmiller1

Oh, awesome, didn't realize they had them posted online. Thanks!