Safety at Sea Seminar

Started by STuma, January 29, 2018, 04:21:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

STuma

GBCA and HYC are working with LYC to promote and host the first Storm Trisail Safety-at-Sea Seminar on the Gulf.

Here is the link with more information: https://www.stormtrysailfoundation.org/lakewoodsass

We are looking to provide volunteers and boats for the event. If you are willing, please send me a message and I will give you the contact info: FleetCaptain at GBCA dot org.
cheers...
Scott

STuma

To clarify: there are two tracks; US Sailing track and World Sailing Track that each have a Regatta Network entry.
cheers...
Scott

STuma

As of last night, there were only 7 slots left for the Hands-on.
cheers...
Scott

STuma

LYC has agreed to reopen registration for a total of 48 participants for the hands-on training. There are still spots available for the observation class.
cheers...
Scott

aj

any chance lyc will either allow more registrants for the hands on or possibly offer again on a subsequent day or wknd?  thanks for any info

STuma

Quote from: aj on March 16, 2018, 04:49:52 PM
any chance lyc will either allow more registrants for the hands on or possibly offer again on a subsequent day or wknd?  thanks for any info

What I'm told: Likely a hands-on seminar next year. However, the US Sailing Offshore Safety course has plenty of room and inlcudes access to STC Safety Videos.

The hands-on is limited because of the resources required and the attention to detail.
cheers...
Scott

aj

Quote from: STuma on March 20, 2018, 01:53:29 PM

What I'm told: Likely a hands-on seminar next year. However, the US Sailing Offshore Safety course has plenty of room and inlcudes access to STC Safety Videos.

The hands-on is limited because of the resources required and the attention to detail.

thank you mr. tuma.  would you know if the us course qualifies for the saftey at sea requirements for transpac?

STuma

Quote from: aj on March 20, 2018, 05:30:47 PM
Quote from: STuma on March 20, 2018, 01:53:29 PM

thank you mr. tuma.  would you know if the us course qualifies for the saftey at sea requirements for transpac?

I do not know what is required for Transpac.
cheers...
Scott

STuma

We are needing:
1 Bowman
4 MOB poles - old style.

Please call me if you can help.

281 705 3712
cheers...
Scott