Performance Cup 2018

Started by STuma, February 01, 2018, 04:52:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

STuma

NOR is posted and registration is open for Performance Cup 2018: http://www.regattanetwork.com/event/16038

I am going back old school; longer legs. Handicap classes will be racing triangle windward/leewards with 3-5 nm legs (weather dependent). One-design will be running a windward/leeward course with the same idea on distance. I will be offering an ORC class also.

I feel this will appeal to our Cruising Club fleet as well as our more dedicated racers. The starts will be the more traditional RRS 26 start where everyone will start even and the results are calculated at the end. The great thing is the boat can stretch her legs and the crew can actually enjoy the ride. Last time I ran this course, we received high raves for it. This is what Galveston Bay needs, getting back to the course that started it all...

However you want to race, we will have a class for you; Cruising Club, PHRF, ORC or even with "training wheels"...
cheers...
Scott

gadangit

Looks like an interesting course.  Will it be a beat, two reaching legs, another beat and a run home?

STuma

Quote from: gadangit on February 01, 2018, 09:02:00 PM
Looks like an interesting course.  Will it be a beat, two reaching legs, another beat and a run home?

yes...
cheers...
Scott

Tye Dyed Gary

Scott, you need to get the home page updated. your link on this discussion page is OK, but if you look at the link on the home page it is for last year.
Foredeck Crew Union, Local GBCA
'Shut Up' Just Drive the Boat

Tye Dyed Gary

Foredeck Crew Union, Local GBCA
'Shut Up' Just Drive the Boat

STuma

Random prizes and raffles are being gathered.... party venue is set.. Committee boat is arranged... new GBCA mark set boat is ready to roll (we may have a "new" cannon mounted)... race committee is assembled... trophies are selected... Band is ready...

If you haven't attended one of my race parties, you're in for a treat.... We acquire items from sponsors to be given away during the Saturday night party. We will have a check in sheet. Names and items are picked randomly. You must be present to win. Larger items will be offered for raffle.
cheers...
Scott

STuma

I wanted to extend out the invitation to any of the J-22s racing the circuit race to join the Performance Cup party hosted by Cabo.

If you are interested in a dinner ticket, raffle, or even a regatta shirt, please visit the regatta store: https://www.regattanetwork.com/clubmgmt/applet_storefront.php?regatta_id=16038&clear_session=1

Tickets are available for purchase at Cabo, but anything in advance would help us with an accurate headcount.

Please call me with any questions; 281 705 3712
cheers...
Scott

STuma

Early Registration Deadline is this Sunday for Performance Cup.

You can easily enter here: https://www.regattanetwork.com/clubmgmt/applet_registration_form.php?regatta_id=16038

Benefit of early registration:
1). Cheaper
2). It helps the race organizers know what to expect
3). We can get an accurate trophy count
4). It really helps the food headcount
5). It really really helps the race committee
cheers...
Scott

STuma

Thank everyone for attending the 2018 Performance Cup Regatta. Our Race Committee team did a fantastic job. I want to thank our volunteers:
- Amy
- Cherie
- Kelley
- Shawn
- Bruce
- Aaron

A HUGE THANK YOU to our Reserve mark set boat;

- Tom
- Gary
- Barry

Boats donated by:

- Darin and Janna Keever - Committee Boat
- Lighthouse Marine Service - Mark Set
- Another big thank you to By Baldrige for the mark set boat donation!!!

Regatta sponsors for donations and/or services:

Blackburn Marine
West Marine
JZ Custom Rails
Classic Cafe
BARge 295
Jackies Brickhouse
Boaters Resale
Bahama Rigging
Hayes Rigging
UK Sailmakers Texas
Quantum Sail Design Group