Wednesday Night at Seabrook Dry Storage

Started by Tye Dyed Gary, April 20, 2018, 03:17:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tye Dyed Gary

This is me just blowing off steam. Last year (2017) when Capt.Kidd showed up at the end of "P"dock, I asked the question, How long is he going to tie up here? I was told then, that it would move down the dock around the end of June. I, stopped by and introduced myself, and talked to Joe for about an hour. He was very friendly and helpful. I brought up the fact that on any given Wednesday night there could be as many as 25 boats put in for the races. I pointed out that the big Catamaran, that was dock where Capt.Kidd is now, allowed us to tie up to it. Joe said he he saw no problem with us tying up for a few minutes while waiting to pull out, just be careful and don't climb on the Capt.Kidd.
  Fast forward to this last Wednesday (4/18/2018), there were 20 boats launched from Seabrook that evening. The section of "P"dock that is south of the Hoist only has 13 mooring cleats. One boat had been demasted and needed two of the cleats to steady itself while the crew finished securing the mast and shrouds. Remembering what Joe, told me from last summer, I put out all my fenders and tied to Capt.Kidd's port stern line and rear cleat, with my boat never touching his. About 5 minutes later Joe, shows up yelling to get my F---ing boat off his and that we Wednesday night racers think we own this place. I asked him about our conversation last year, to which he stated, he never said that, and to get my F---ing boat moving or he'd cut the lines. I moved off within a few seconds. When we finely got tied up , one of my crew headed to use the Head. At which point Joe, started yelling at her about no respect and using more profanity. She went about her business and tried to ignore him, but was a little distressed when she came back to the boat.
  I am not saying that Capt.Kidd does not have a right to be tied up where it is, even though there are two empty 50 ft. slips closer to the security gate, that could be better for his business. What I, am saying is, Joe needs to remember some of us have been in the marina a lot longer then he has, and we work together to try and have a pleasant boating experience.
  When I, had a boat I kept in the water by the repair yard, I would offend find a boat blocking me in and sometimes tied to my boat, waiting on the boat lift. A few simple words, a little help, generally remedied the situation without any stress.
  Maybe, if enough of us complain, the marina may move him down to one of the empty slips closer to the gate. I know he gets along with the live aboard's, but they don't understand why hes not down by the gate and I, have heard complaints about his guest and their habits.     
  I kind of wonder how Joe will act on weekend with large regatta's like the Shoe race or J Fest?               
Foredeck Crew Union, Local GBCA
'Shut Up' Just Drive the Boat

Bee

My experience with Joe is that he is a first class A-Hole.

Charles

Bee is right!
That idiot motor/sailed right through the finish line with five or six 105's coming through.  I mean about 20 feet in front of the committee boat.  He had it in full reverse and still almost hit Stinger, and he was hollering about "commercial vessel" etc.

Maybe his lines will accidently chafe and break some blustery night.
Moi Verstehe Nada,
Char-les

baileyrace