Looking to crew

Started by sail2541, April 30, 2018, 10:07:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sail2541

I was recently at the boat show and attended the GBCA seminar. I'm interested in crewing on weekends. Unfortunately Wednesday nights are difficult for me this year. I have been around power boats and the water my whole life. I've done some sailing over the years, but nothing race worthy. I took 101 last spring, but haven't found many opportunities to sail. I know that's not a strong resume, but I'm comfortable on the water and willing to do what is needed! Early 40's and consider myself fairly athletic. I can provide more details on my experience as requested. Thanks for the consideration! Marc.

Marty P.

Marc,

Are you still looking for a boat to crew on?
Send me an email, mmped@aol.com

Marty
Hobgoblin

watersc4@comcast.net

Hello Marc,

I am Chris Waters and own a J130 racing yacht.   I am looking for Crew for Rum Races starting on June 2nd and could also use another hand for Texas Race week in Galveston.

I have a practice outing scheduled for this Friday the 25th.   We will be meeting at 3:00 at:

Kemah Boardwalk Marina
555 Bradford, Kemah
Slip G35
At the entrance to the Marina just hit the buzzer and tell the office you are going to Slip G35, Chris Waters and they will buzz you in.
Also, I am planning on doing the Saturday,  June 2nd Rum Race and need a few more hands for that.  The Rum races in the summer are in the evenings.   Our start is at 16.23.48 or 4:23:48 PM.   We will meet at the boat at 2:30 to get out and exercise a few maneuvers before the start.   We should be back to slip about 7:30, and then on to the after party at GBCA, Watergate (1500 Marina Bay Dr., Building 113B, Clear Lake Shores, TX 77565).   I need Three more crew to do the race.  Let me know.
Texas Race week is June 7th, 8th, and 9th.  The 8th and 9th I would like to have another crew member on board.   
Love to have you on board.  Please send me an email at Watersc4@Comcast.net if you are interested.