Texas Race Week

Started by Stellar of Course, May 02, 2018, 06:34:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stellar of Course

Registration is open to sign up for three days of great offshore sailing. Stellar of Course has registered, secured a slip at GYB and a spot in the RV park for the trailer. With the Cruising Club Handicap being our largest fleet i hope to see a large turnout for some great offshore racing.

See you in Galveston

Ron E

Stellar of Course

So far we have 12 boats signed up for TRW. I know there are more Cruising Class boats ready for some offshore sailing, sign up now and avoid the rush. Cruzan Rum will sponsor the Awards Party, free Rum, live band, good food and lots of good stories.

Bob H

I've signed up. Just need crew!
Want to work your crew and boat out a bit before TRW?
-Bob H.

STuma

We already have 14 boats signed up... fantastic... We need 1 more multihull and 1 more non-spinnaker boat.

This will be a great event for the Cruising Club for those planning on racing Harvest Moon Regatta (which is less than 160 days away).
cheers...
Scott

Mark

The decision to use Time On Time for the scoring system is a big step in the right direction. It tends to flatten out advantages that certain boats may enjoy in the Time On Distance scoring. TOT also can better deal with varying wind velocities and current movements during a race. THE one biggest help is to the RC - they do not have to worry about getting the distance correct - this is especially troublesome when setting marks for the course. Great decision and all the best to the participants.