Julia Goetschius

Started by Tye Dyed Gary, May 07, 2018, 10:13:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tye Dyed Gary

I just was informed that Julie Goetschius passed last night.  She was a major force in the sailing community and J-22 Fleet. Her smiling face will be missed. 
Foredeck Crew Union, Local GBCA
'Shut Up' Just Drive the Boat

Jeff K

Oh no, that is very sad news! RIP Julie
Who wasn't on the vang?

Deckhand

Very sad indeed! I was fortunate to have sailed with Julie a few times on her j22. My avatar is of me doing foredeck on her j22 eight of nine years ago. I got to sail with her dad, Jay, before meeting Julie. Sailed with him to Corpus, Vera Cruze, and many times on our Easter trips to Freeport with a bunch of SSY boats.
GBCA Commodore 2014

Bee

That's terrible.  Really, really sad.

STuma

Julie was a instrumental to women sailing in Galveston Bay and encouraging new sailors. I was lucky enough to do a handful of bay races with her and several offshore races to Mexico. her smile and enthusiasm will be greatly missed.
cheers...
Scott

chris

Julie was kind enough to sail with me a few times on the J80 and the J22. She introduced many new sailors to the thrill of racing and worked tirelessly to help build the local J22 fleet for many years. She was also a constant source of encouragement to Betsie during her long battle with cancer. She was a kind and caring soul who will be sorely missed.  RIP

STuma

Visitation: Friday, May 11 9am - 11am
Services: Friday, May 11am

Sterling-White Funeral Home
11011 Crosby-Lynchburg Rd.
Highlands, TX 77562
cheers...
Scott