CLRA notices

Started by ShakenNotStirred, June 21, 2018, 08:55:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShakenNotStirred

I heard that the Wednesday Night races last night were cancelled via a post on facebook. Good call on canceling. But the SIs state:
"4.1 Notices to competitors shall be posted on the web site at http://www.clearlakeracing.org. In the event of cancellation, the CLRA
Hotline at 281-636-3508 should have a message with details/more information. Information in the front page of the web site and
revisions to the SI posted on the website are considered a notice to competitors whether specifically flagged under the menu called
Notices to competitors or not. "

The "hotline" still says something about Tropical Storm Cindy.  I don't think the website was updated until way later.
Do you think 4.1 should be altered to say that notices to competitors shall be posted on facebook?
In the event of cancellation, maybe an email or text to all registered competitors?
2013 Commodore

ECSimonson

There are many folks who do not use Facebook too.  I like the idea of receiving a text message from event organizers regarding race cancellation plans.  Then I'm not having to continually search FB or CLRA's website for updated information.

STuma

Quote from: ShakenNotStirred on June 21, 2018, 08:55:22 AM
I heard that the Wednesday Night races last night were cancelled via a post on facebook. Good call on canceling. But the SIs state:
"4.1 Notices to competitors shall be posted on the web site at http://www.clearlakeracing.org. In the event of cancellation, the CLRA
Hotline at 281-636-3508 should have a message with details/more information. Information in the front page of the web site and
revisions to the SI posted on the website are considered a notice to competitors whether specifically flagged under the menu called
Notices to competitors or not. "

The "hotline" still says something about Tropical Storm Cindy.  I don't think the website was updated until way later.
Do you think 4.1 should be altered to say that notices to competitors shall be posted on facebook?
In the event of cancellation, maybe an email or text to all registered competitors?

I'll take that in consideration; maybe modify it to web site, phone, FB, text, or personal phone calls... My deepest apologies for the confusion - Rick and I were setting marks in the rain when I decided to cancel. I didn't realize you were set-up ready to go and didn't get the word. I was in phone contact with a few "key fleet communicators", that were spreading the word; and at the time, it was more efficient. But, I heard there were no boats considering sailing from Seabrook as it was. I would prefer to use the WG flagpole to fly "N".
cheers...
Scott