Icicle Series 2019

Started by STuma, December 23, 2018, 11:09:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

STuma

Quote from: shawn on December 23, 2018, 02:28:47 PM
That puts us back in with the J boats and we had that discussion last year.  Displacement hull vs planing hull how is that fair?  We never finish anywhere close to them which tells me something about the numbers.

PHRF-GB has a fleet review and has a process for reviewing ratings in question.  If someone is going to dispute a rating, please be sure all the boats you are comparing against are equal in preparation and are in race condition.

One can also race ORC where each boat can be measured and rated accordingly.

cheers...
Scott

ShakenNotStirred

A great day and a great crew on Shaken Not Stirred for Icicle 2.  Thanks Beverly, Karen, Andrea, Neil, Simon, Brian, Pete, and especially Stuart for this cool video!

Icicle 2 on Shaken Not Stirred
2013 Commodore

Rmiller1

We happy few, we band of soggy idiots... major props to Larry Blankenhagen for whooping up on the fleet in a J22 without a head sail in some very gnarly conditions!

shawn

I am digging this bow A kite class but we need some more boats.  I know starting a class just before the icycle does not give much time to come up with a sail if you dont have one.  We had ours from last year and we used it.  So if you are not doing well in another class come on over for the last race.

Going all around the course crossing the finish line with a minute between boats is exciting
Shawn
Semi True Story

STuma

Quote from: shawn on January 31, 2019, 03:46:04 PM
I am digging this bow A kite class but we need some more boats.  I know starting a class just before the icycle does not give much time to come up with a sail if you dont have one.  We had ours from last year and we used it.  So if you are not doing well in another class come on over for the last race.

Going all around the course crossing the finish line with a minute between boats is exciting

It is up to you guys to spread the word and build the class.

cheers...
Scott

STuma

cheers...
Scott