GBCA Spring Series NOR Posted

Started by STuma, January 10, 2019, 12:31:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

STuma

The GBCA Spring Series Regatta NOR is posted: http://www.regattanetwork.com/clubmgmt/regatta_uploads/18144/2019SpringSeriesNOR.pdf

We are taking handicap racing back old-school for Galveston Bay's only 2-day regatta with triangle windward/leeward courses. One-design classes will be offered windward/leeward courses with moveable marks while the handicap classes will be going around fixed and/or moveable marks. These will not be the hardcore races we did in the 80s and 90s, but they will be long enough that one can rest and take a breather after a maneuver. I am looking to reintroduce reach-to-reach jybes, barberhaulers and possibly reef points....
cheers...
Scott

Rmiller1

Any idea who is running the committee boat(s)? The J/24 fleet is trying to see if we can get a guy on board to do some drone photography for us.

STuma

Quote from: Rmiller1 on February 20, 2019, 06:32:22 PM
Any idea who is running the committee boat(s)? The J/24 fleet is trying to see if we can get a guy on board to do some drone photography for us.

I will be. Have them call me.  And, remind them to enter so I can plan on them being there.
cheers...
Scott

STuma

One more thing that I will adjust to the registration, I will add a Cruising Spinnaker Class.

This will be for racer/cruiser boats that have a spinnaker; asym on a sprit <20% of J, asym tacked on the bow, or a symmetrical spinnaker that uses a legal spinnaker pole.

Final assignment will be determined by the race PRO and Fleet Captain.
cheers...
Scott

Bee

As I posted in another thread, the NOR for this regatta does not mention a skipper's meeting on 8 March, but does indicate one at 10 on 9 March.  Have I read this correctly?

Bee

Never mind.  Answer is yes skippers meeting is at 10

Bee

Quote from: Bee on March 03, 2019, 11:52:38 AM
As I posted in another thread, the NOR for this regatta does not mention a skipper's meeting on 8 March, but does indicate one at 10 on 9 March.  Have I read this correctly?

Never mind, answer is yes.

Deckhand

Don't forget your 2019 PHRF-GB certificates! 8)
GBCA Commodore 2014

Deckhand

Still time to sign up for the Spring Regatta. The weather is looking a little better for Saturday. Should make for a great weekend. Come out to play ;D
GBCA Commodore 2014

Stellar of Course

We are looking for additional crew if anyone is interesting in Sailing with us in the GBCA Spring Regatta.

Ron Eddleman
S/V Stellar of Course

STuma

I have posted an amendment to the NOR modifying the class requirement.
cheers...
Scott