kids boat

Started by jayhefty, November 05, 2009, 06:15:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jayhefty

Alas, the J 80 is no longer big enough for me and my oldest son. ;D  It is time to find a Optimist for him to beat up. I am looking for an Opti because of the beginners races, which is what he wants to do.  Any ideas for access to or leads to buy a well used one would be greatly appreciated.
thanks
Jay

Kaos

I suggest maybe start with Bay Access and Mattia over at LYC, he could point you in the right direction or might have kids that are graduating from Optis to laser 4.7......................I know also they have rental type boats for season use too..

Keith

www.sailingtexas.com always has boats on there and I think I saw an Opti up.

Naples Sabot will always rule though  8)

Chris P

You can also check with KO Sailing. They have leads on used boats all the time.
Look into Texas Sailing Assoc. Their youth circuit is what your son is probably wanting to participate in - see their classified section.
Good luck!

DwightB

Jay,

The are a couple of local Opti's for sale posted on a notice board at LYC, by the restrooms near the pool. Swing by if you have a chance, or give me a ring/email and I'll forward on the contact info, prices, etc..

Dwight

B Sailing/Alan Bates

Jay--Don't forget to check with the Seabrook Sailing Club--Brad Bain is Commodore--you might have sailed with him on Zippity.  They have club optis and I think they were saved from Ike.  The building will be under construction this year. 
I have friends over there with sunfish and lasers to who also are members of B Sailing and they would share boats with you. 
Alan Bates/B Sailing-281-212-7348
Learn to sail and race J/Boats in annual membership sailing club. Unlimited sailing on "your' own boat.