Crew member available

Started by tlenbro, June 22, 2009, 08:29:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tlenbro

I'm a fifty-year-old professional living in Houston. I'm thinking of buying a cruising sailboat and would like to get some time on the water in the Gulf. I'm in exceptional physical shape and health and would bend over backwards for a position on a sailboat as crew. I will pay my own expenses and contribute towards daily boat costs as well just to get some time on the water in the Gulf. I have been crew on a sailboat in the Gulf many years ago but have very limited sailing experience. I?m fixing to start taking some sailing classes and just want to learn. please respond to bikrampractitioner@gmail.com. Thanks...

JimT

I may have the boat that would be just your cup of tea. I have a Pearson 365 Ketch, which will never race in windward leeward races. We will however be doing the GBCA Texas Race week coming up in July, the Harvest Moon, and possibly some of the remaining rum races if my mechanic ever finishes getting my engine back in. Let me know if you are interested. As soon as the engine is back in, we are going to begin some basic training.

Jim Tyson
S/V Blame It on Buffett

tlenbro

Hey that would be great. I'm interested in trying to get my son interested as well. I don't know if that will happen but it is one of my objectives. He is going to Baylor in the fall and is a little preoccupied. But even if he didn't want to, I'd love to. If you'll respond to the email address in the other post, I'll send you my regular email address so we can stay in touch. I think I'm fixing to take a basic keelboat certification class and I'm hoping to get him to go as well. Anyway, thank you so much.