Rum Races SI's

Started by Tye Dyed Gary, May 26, 2019, 10:57:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tye Dyed Gary

Let me start with, I enjoy doing the Rum Races, they are fun and no pressure. NOW, the complaints. When they started 28 yrs. ago it was simple Spin or non-spin, on Friday evening. Then moved some races to Saturday, and participation jump up a lot. Then fully to Saturdays. A few years back we added Shorthanded class, then Club Handicap. Last year we divided the Spinnaker class into two parts Symmetric and Asymmetric, which was needed (plus more prize rum).
  Now more to the point, I printed out the SI's two weeks ago and they stated Racing Spin Class said LESS then 19.0 SA/D, and Racer/Cruiser Spin Class said GREATER then 19.0 SA/D. Plus both classes stated (Tacked on the bow or any length sprit) which leaves out Spin pole flown spinnakers. I don't know when the wording was changed in the two classes and reversed the less and greater declaration of sail area displacement. Because it was all printed in red, and I had already closely read the SI's I, did not notice the second change that had been made.
  Now we come to inputting your times on line, and we have the classes we had last year, which was a simple definition.
  We need to return to the simple class definitions in the SI's that would match the scoring definitions.     
Foredeck Crew Union, Local GBCA
'Shut Up' Just Drive the Boat

Tye Dyed Gary

See attached for reference

Tye Dyed Gary

Sorry about the last post, it turns out that VII class definitions is too large a file to attach to the forum post.     I was trying to point out what the SI's from two weeks ago said vs the more resent SI's and the identical definitions, of the two classes. 

Stellar of Course

Where is the link to see the results of rum Race #1???

Osprey

Quote from: Stellar of Course on May 26, 2019, 11:48:38 AM
Where is the link to see the results of rum Race #1???

Use the dropdown menu on the homepage,  select Cruising Class, click on Report Finish Time, and select the race. Easy,right?  Here's the link:   http://results.gbca.org/

Hamburger No 1

Ok, but that's all the old glasses from last year. Where's the breakdown along the SA/D=19 criterion?

Jeff K

I have the first six monohulls boat names and finish times if needed.
Who wasn't on the vang?

STuma

Thank you everyone who came out to play Saturday.. It was fantastic wind and a great beat (for a mark placed 6 months ago).  I counted 52 boats. What did y'all get?

Sorry I as not able to make the party and answer questions, but I hear we have quite a few people willing to help volunteer....

I apologize for the technical mishap on the score recording. Thank you Jeff for taking the first 6.. you were smokin'... If you could email them to me, I'd appreciate that.  For everyone else, please send me your: Skipper name, Boat name, Finish time, class sailed, boat behind, boat in front.  I'll work with our Technical Department to get these entered.

To answer previous questions; Racing has become more complicated to have just a simple spinnaker and non-spinnaker. We have the divisions to keep similar boats racing against similar boats.

For the SA/D separation, it was brought to my attention last week (I think) that I had inadvertently swapped the direction and I had made an amendment to the SIs. I had posted on this forum the change. The definition of the Racer/Cruiser distinction can pulled up the phrf-gb web site (www.phrf-gb.com). My apologies for the confusion. Again, the thought is to have like boats sail against like boat, but with decreasing turn-outs and increasing number of boat designs. The "sailboat box" is much bigger now than it was then. This is something you have to deal with.
cheers...
Scott

Hamburger No 1

We still don't seem to have results tables for RR1 for the new spin classes around the 19 SA/D. Am I missing something?

Jeff K

Below is what we wrote down in our wet notes, all unofficial of course.

1 - Uno Mas (M-24) 6:45:22
2 - Yikes (J-24) 6:46:45
3 - Pingo (GP 26) 6:49:32
4 - Hamberg (J-46) 6:50:26
5 - #919 (J-22) 6:51:15
6 - Leading Edge (J-35) 6:51:36
Who wasn't on the vang?