Texas Race Week at Galveston 2010, July 22-24th

Started by ChrisK, May 14, 2010, 07:19:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisK

The NOR for TRW is up

Offshore day racing out of Galveston.  Thursday, Friday and Saturday!
Pool parties. Texas Navy Cup.
It's three days of racing, rum, sun and FUN in G-town  ;D

Call Rita at Galveston Yacht Basin 409-762-9689 and get your slip, limited availability.

More details to follow!
Past Commodore, 2010

Bee

So why is there a late fee for this race?  Seems a bit early to start that don't you think?

Jonsey

Good question, i went to sign up today and caught that as well.

Jim Powers

The NOR says the late fee begins on July 16, so there must be a glitch in the registration setup. we will fix it promptly.

Jim Powers

Sailchick

When we say we want you to sign up early - WE MEAN IT!

:)

GBCA Past Past Commodore 2013

KathyR

Hotel Information for Texas Race Week and Slip Rental at Galveston Yacht Club.

I am sorry to inform you that Comfort Inns will not be giving us Group Rates for Texas Race Week dates of July 22nd, 23rd, and 24th.  You can make individual reservations with Comfort Inn at Stewart Beach (this is the RC location and very close to Galveston Yacht Club) by calling them at 409-766-7070 or 800.4CHOICE.  TRW has always used this hotel, but the impression I got is with the influx of tourist trade due to the oil spill along the LA coastline they did not want to give us group rates.  The rates they have is $104.99 for Thursday night (7/22) and then $144.00 for Friday and Saturday night.  If you plan on reserving rooms down in Galveston I would suggest calling now to make sure you get a reservation.

For the Skipper's that plan on getting a slip at Galveston Yacht Club:The marina rate is $1.50/foot/night (regular rate: $2.00).  They will begin to take reservations two weeks before the event.
Boats will have to fill out a temporary lease agreement, which is standard for all transients now.  You can call Rita at 409-762-1253 or 800-866-2869 to make slip arrangements.  Please note again that they will not take reservations until two weeks before the event.

We've got parties planned, so don't hesitate...sign up and make your reservations to sail and party!  See you there!

Kevin Box

I have the temporary lease agreement, which I'll make available from the regatta network official notice board.

It's not a big deal to fill out.  They had a an "issue" with a transient boater, so now everyone has to acknowledge that they understand what a dock is, how boats can move, etc.

ChrisK

Some big iron has signed up for TRW: Nefte Gaz, Dulcenia, Mojo...

Hydrodyne needs some of her fellow level 70's to come out and play!  Also, J109, J105, 1d35...
This event is right up your alley!

In addition, the non-spin class is shaping up nicely.  

It's day racing out of Galveston, so you can let the horses run free.

Facebook info

Stop thinking about it this holiday weekend and sign up!
Past Commodore, 2010

Kevin Box

Only one way to get a free full-size, high-res print of the "Big Wave".  Complete your registration by next Tuesday. 

Special thanks to Mrs. Tanya Reed for this awesome creation.

sailsrep

I am looking to crew for TRW any needing help send me a message or call me

David 832-725-7573

JASpithill

Slip Fees at Galveston Yacht Club for TRW:  This is a new wrinkel and additional expense.  Are there any alternatives to GYC?

JASpithill

The Big Wave poster is exceptional!  Who are the Three Fat Brothers?

Sailaway

That crazy dude that takes all of the pictures is Three Fat Brothers.  I really have three other brothers but I just like the way it sounded!  This the 3rd year that I have helped sponsor the race so sign up and lets have some fun!  Still have the water guns so!

John  ;D

M/V Tramp

http://www.threefatbrothers.com

Bee

And the crazy dude that takes the pictures really does a wonderful job.