Rum Race Results

Started by Charles, June 16, 2019, 05:33:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShakenNotStirred

Quote from: Christopher on July 22, 2019, 11:37:57 AM
Quote from: ShakenNotStirred on July 22, 2019, 10:29:21 AM
In rum race #4, Banjo Girl and Shaken Not Stirred are scored DNF.  How does that happen?

Typically, because the finish time reported is after the race cut-off of 2100hrs.  Sometimes it's because the finish time gets reported in error or not at all - therefore blank and the program doesn't know what to do with blank.  Post your time here for the admin to correct.
Shaken Not Stirred 19:05:34
2013 Commodore

JayZ

Looks like they have us both as scored now @Walter.  I too had noticed and then checked on my PHRF certificate that apparently I had forgot to renew this year.  ...first time out since HMR last year so I hadn't thought about PHRF certificate or much related to the boat lately but it was great to be out sailing Banjo Girl again.  I noticed Shaken not Stirred also was not in the 2019 PHRF database.

My guess is that we were scored DNF due to some automated GBCA thing due to us not having a current certificate.  Could this be the case?  I will renew mine before the next time out.  My rating should be the same unless I decide to apply for the new roller furling credit and then I guess I'll be able to start a little earlier next time.

Jay Zittrer
s/v BANJO GIRL

STuma

Quote from: JayZ on July 25, 2019, 12:23:30 PM
Looks like they have us both as scored now @Walter.  I too had noticed and then checked on my PHRF certificate that apparently I had forgot to renew this year.  ...first time out since HMR last year so I hadn't thought about PHRF certificate or much related to the boat lately but it was great to be out sailing Banjo Girl again.  I noticed Shaken not Stirred also was not in the 2019 PHRF database.

My guess is that we were scored DNF due to some automated GBCA thing due to us not having a current certificate.  Could this be the case?  I will renew mine before the next time out.  My rating should be the same unless I decide to apply for the new roller furling credit and then I guess I'll be able to start a little earlier next time.

The RR scoring is done based on people entering their times. We do not have any automated certificate checker. If you had finished and don't see your placement, send us an email and we can enter it in.

But, for clarification, the results are pulled from the data entered by the competitors - correct or not.
cheers...
Scott