2009 GBCA Texas Race Week: 7/23-25

Started by ChrisK, June 16, 2009, 10:09:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin Box

Kevin Box

Full Results:

http://www.regattanetwork.com/clubmgmt/applet_regatta_results.php?regatta_id=2274

The battle on the beach today was epic.  Fleet winners:

PHRF Non-Spinnaker: Sabani
PHRF Larry Kevan Memorial Trophy: Mojo

Texas Navy Cup: Hot Ticket

Jim Powers

Great job by the RC and Party Committee!

ChrisA

Special thanks to Kathy R for the incredible amount of work she did to make the parties wonderful!

ChrisK

That was a great time. Thanks to all the volunteers, the sponsors and a huge thanks to Kathy. For your enjoyment, here are 150 pics from the Hot Ticket program

http://picasaweb.google.com/chrisktx/2009TexasRaceWeekAtGalveston?authkey=Gv1sRgCJvNqYLhq5uJjwE&feat=directlink
Past Commodore, 2010

Sailaway

I got about half of the photos uploaded last night until my internet connection failed.  Will get the rest loaded tonight.  The link is below.  Enjoy. 

John

m/v Tramp

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lacyphotos/sets

JayZ

Thanks to GBCA and all the volunteers for putting on a good event.  Special Thanks to "THE BROTHERS" for all the efforts and great pictures from the event.

Cheers,
Jay Zittrer
s/v BANJO GIRL

Jonsey

+12  (Dulcinea and crew!)   

Again, first class event.  The competition was outstanding, rum bar epic and well..  i may be back to normal by Friday. 

I had crew from around the state and everyone left with big grins.  No doubt they will help get the word out about this great event.

Thanks to Kathy, Kevin and the lot.

Christopher

Good sailing, great food and friends, fabulous weekend!  Thanks to all involved.
Mahalo nui loa

Sailaway

Andrew

Thanks for everything - Race Week was a lot of fun, there was plenty of rum, the pool was great, a bunch of new and old friends ... plenty of great pictures. See y'all next time!

KathyR

I'm glad that everyone had such a great time of racing, swimming and drinking!  ;)  And don't forget about the new TRW Signature Drink...the MAR-KAT!  Recipe will be forthcoming in the next GBCA newsletter!  Just a hint to everyone though...the drink tastes so much better in a GBCA Tervis Tumbler!  You can find information about the new order of tumblers under General Discussion.

I still have some TRW lady t's left (Large and a few XL) as well as some men's t-shirts (medium and large only).  I'll more than likely put the shirts out during rum race parties along with the regular GBCA Logo Shirts which we still have on hand.  Stop by and pick one up!

Happy Sailing!

Borracho

Quote from: KathyR on July 28, 2009, 12:59:17 PM
  Just a hint to everyone though...the drink tastes so much better in a GBCA Tervis Tumbler! 
Just be sure you don't get a bad ice cube in your drink, right MAR and KAT? :-X

Kevin Box

John Lacy again exceeded everyone?s expectations and burned a photo CD for each skipper with about 1000 pictures.  Putting away the sound system and RC gear on Sunday, I popped it in and watched it on the club TV.  Great pictures.

Thanks again to Event Chair Kathy Rodgers and all the volunteers that made the regatta a success.  The only miscalculation in planning was on the quantity of rum.  We had to buy an extra case on Saturday.  Enough rum for 1273 1.5oz shots was poured at the palapa bar over three days.  I actually tried the Mar-Kat on the last night.  It was quite good.  Good luck to everyone on their recovery.