Front page blues

Started by Big John, July 09, 2009, 11:16:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big John

The "look" of GBCA.org has changed again.  One of its most useful features, the "Blues", ie the list of links to both gbca business and other orgs websites has disappeared.  As has a post I made suggesting adding Regatta  Network to the list.  Anyone else miss it.  How do I find the race schedule?  Or am I missing something?

While not a fan of the forum style now, I can tolerate it, but please give directions on finding those links!
Thanks
John

Charles

John, it's all still there at : http://www.gbca.org/.. unless I'm not understanding what you are looking for.
Charles
Moi Verstehe Nada,
Char-les

Big John

%$#@ &%*$* F%^$ing Microsoft.  Internet Explorer 8 broke it. Fixed by using Compatability view.  Sorry

Charles

You said it!!!! I downloaded IE 8 or 7 or whatever it is and it keeps locking up.  I have downloaded Google Chrome and it is working pretty well....so far!...  :-\
Moi Verstehe Nada,
Char-les

Bee

Get a MAC --- or LINUX --- or anything but MICROSHAFT.

Blake

Mozilla Firefox is probably the most popular browser used after IE. As a webmaster myself I've never liked Google Chrome because it sometimes likes to display things differently than all the other browsers. That being said, Chrome is certainly a better choice over IE. Another good browser choice is Opera;)
Blake Powitzky

Charles

Quote from: Blake on July 10, 2009, 01:20:07 PM
Mozilla Firefox is probably the most popular browser used after IE. As a webmaster myself I've never liked Google Chrome because it sometimes likes to display things differently than all the other browsers. That being said, Chrome is certainly a better choice over IE. Another good browser choice is Opera;)

I agree about Chrome displaying things strangely.  I have my own home page created with Front Page, and Chrome doesn't recognize some of the tags.  Firefox is good, but I get an Active X warning when I come back to my home page. I'll have to check out Opera.
Moi Verstehe Nada,
Char-les

Bee

And I agree about FireFox.  Very nice professional browser.  On Mac's the new Safari 4 is also interesting.  IE on a Mac just stinks.