GBCA Spring Regatta

Started by Hamburger, March 09, 2011, 11:02:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hamburger

Just picked up the NOR for this regatta. Why are we running this regatta north of the Bayport channel? Won't most boats come from the Seabrook area? I'd also wouldn't mind for the one day regattas to start a bit earlier to get enough races in (but not if most of us have to motor to the starting line for an hour or more).

jus' my 2 pfennigs...

Bee

Do they still make pfennigs?  I think I still have a few.

Bee

Yeah, I agree, this is kind of strange.  If the idea is to make the area more equally accessible to HYC and KEMAH area boats then something in the neighborhood of the old R mark would make more sense.

There some kind of pipe sticking out of the bay nearby so one would need to exercise caution, but going all the way up to the BayPort channel seems a bit far.

BJSailor

OOPS!  I'm pretty sure the Fleet Captain intends to sail the floating mark courses where we normally do and also wants to include those parts of the bay that includes the fixed marks that are also used.  I'll have a word with the Fleet Captain and see about making a change to the NOR.
There are 10 types of people in this world - those that understand Binary, and those that don't.

Leigh Ann

The NOR has been changed to reflect what I really meant!!!

You can find the revised NOR and Official Notice Board at:

http://www.regattanetwork.com/clubs/gbca.html

Leigh Ann

Bee