Previous topic - Next topic

Eric713

You do now oh King Of Smite!

ChrisK

Club Handicap aka. Club Orange
8)
Past Commodore, 2010

DollFin

Hire the handicapped - we're fun to watch!!  8)

Work out those sailing knots!
Sea of Tranquility Therapeutic Massage
713 408-0444

Bee

That's King of Sting. 

Oh, but yes, those gigantic handicapped things are indeed fun to watch.  What's even better is that they show up, handicapped and all.

BJSailor

Ya'll need to change the subject real quick.  Move on to a different topic.
There are 10 types of people in this world - those that understand Binary, and those that don't.

Kevin Bednar

Quote from: BJSailor on March 23, 2011, 08:45:53 PM
Ya'll need to change the subject real quick.  Move on to a different topic.

Are you feeling sensitive about handicaps for some reason this week Brian?

Bee

In my opinion, the Club Handicap Class is one of the greatest things to come along in a very long time.  These guys come out and race just like the rest of us and add a completely new perspective to the racing scene.  If they haven't already, like the level 70's of yore, they should come up with a set of class rules and race in every regatta they have enough boats to form a class.  Box's chicken along with his super computer can certainly be a part of those rules.

I applaud their desire and effort and enjoy seeing them out on the water.  They are all great gentlemen competitors.

MaryM

Where are the rest of the Vipers?? Are you guys going to make Duck and Dive start with the big J's all on their own?

ChrisK

This is shaping up to be a really good one. 3 J109, 4 J105, a pair of 1D35...strong PHRF non-spin fleet
The line up so far...
There are going to be some classic battles on Galveston Bay!

PLUS Club Orange is in the house.
The Chicken will be most pleased....

PS: If you have a spare Viper (or J111) laying around, waiting to be sailed... I'm available to helm :o
Past Commodore, 2010

BoomerangJ

I agree!  It's going to be a lot of fun!  And I have been invited to sail on the great SV "Hamburg!".  My skipper tells me we are going to win the entire regatta, every class! and win the party!  the Germans are coming!  The Germans are coming!

If only the rest of the J/109's not racing understood what a spectacular show they are going to miss!  There the gauntlet has been thrown!  and I will drink no more coffee the rest of the day!

(BTW-Before I get thrown off, my skipper didn't say those things-he's too classy!)

beverly

Cool trophies.  That's all I'm sayin'. ;)

BoomerangJ

I bet they have removable tops or corks?

Jonsey

You dont want to make that challenge at a GBCA regatta Mr. J-boat.   I promise, your not up to the challenge.   

Quote from: BoomerangJ on March 24, 2011, 10:00:43 AM
I agree!  It's going to be a lot of fun!  And I have been invited to sail on the great SV "Hamburg!".  My skipper tells me we are going to win the entire regatta, every class! and win the party!  the Germans are coming!  The Germans are coming!

If only the rest of the J/109's not racing understood what a spectacular show they are going to miss!  There the gauntlet has been thrown!  and I will drink no more coffee the rest of the day!

(BTW-Before I get thrown off, my skipper didn't say those things-he's too classy!)

Jonsey

I'm not sure how many you're going to get out for the spring regatta Mary.   I know we're going to have a great fleet at the women's regatta - Animal is already signed up.   

Spring is going to be pretty busy for the fleet.  The third weekend in April we are racing at Lakefest.  It's a 3-day event but the vipers and melges 24's have agreed to make Friday a stand-along regatta and combine our fleets for a good old' PHRF sport-boat grudge match (good spirited of course).  Two weeks later, 20 miles away is our second circuit stop (DCYC Leukemia Cup). 

On a good note - a container with four new Galveston Bay vipers will arrive on the 8th.  Paul Young is flying in himself to help get them sorted and to their new owners.   That's the weekend of the womens' regatta.. so it might add a few more entries.   

An interesting fact....  last September there were ZERO class legal viper 640's on Galveston Bay.  When this container hits there will be 10...  and two more boat's have already been ordered for Houston.  So from Sept of 2010 to May of this year - 0 to 14 ACTIVE boat's.

By the way..  i told that Robbins guy he's not suppose to be finishing in front of me yet.  What a hard-head!

Crazy

Quote from: MaryM on March 24, 2011, 09:53:34 AM
Where are the rest of the Vipers?? Are you guys going to make Duck and Dive start with the big J's all on their own?

BoomerangJ

Quote from: Jonsey on March 24, 2011, 03:10:19 PM
You dont want to make that challenge at a GBCA regatta Mr. J-boat.   I promise, your not up to the challenge.   

Ok Junior-go run along and play with your dinghy now.