2011 GBCA Spring Regatta Results

Started by Leigh Ann, March 26, 2011, 08:04:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leigh Ann

Hi all!

Results are posted:

http://www.regattanetwork.com/clubs/gbca.html

To view the detail of a race just click on the Race #. Also PHRF spin is going to show up twice, just disregard - the results in both sections along with the detail are the same.

See you at the Women's Regatta!

Sailaway

Loading up the first race right now. Here is a link to the photo stream and one to the sets although I have not created a set yet but will.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lacyphotos

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lacyphotos/sets

Enjoy!

m/v Tramp

ChrisK

2,031 photos!

It's going to take me a couple hours see them all. Awesome!
I'm going to need help picking out the good ones. Post your favorite pic numbers here...

Thanks John, everyone on Tramp, and the brave markset boat!
Past Commodore, 2010

bshores

Agreed, great sailing on Saturday and I applaud the race committe for getting off 5 races in one day.  All while taking great photos of the action.  Chris, too bad 8 sets of eyes couldn't find the windward mark on the last race or our results may have been a little better.

Jim Powers

What mark? I was looking at telltales

ChrisK

I can't believe the J109s went all the way to the rum line (one tacker) on that last race when right paid all day...
I bet the other 109s had the same problem.
Hindsight is 20-20, I guess...  :-\
(ok, I take that back, it's actually 20-300 when rum is involved)

Nice racing gents. Enjoyed racing on the Sea Trial. We have some talent around here!

Speaking of 20-20, is it me, or is a yellow tet a little tougher to pick out than orange when looking uprange?
Past Commodore, 2010

bshores

Yellow looks white from far away and orange looks black, either way the cloud cover was weird and the first boat to tack rounded first in a big left shift (Seabreeze finally filling in).  We should have tacked earlier and taken a stern or two, and yes hindsight is always 20/20.  At least we were in the hunt.

BJSailor

Chris,
I've been keeping track of the visibility issue between orange and yellow for a couple of years now.  I think I have to agree with Chris that the orange marks seem to be easier to see.  I've noticed from the RC boats (stationary and with elevation and binoculars) that orange is more visible than yellow - especially in less than optimal conditions.
Good example from working on the Finn regatta a couple of weeks ago - I was at the leeward end of the course and I could see the orange weather "change" mark attached to the boat, but had a hard time spotting the yellow "primary" mark in the water.  Visibility was very good that day.
There are 10 types of people in this world - those that understand Binary, and those that don't.

ChrisK

Here's an idea: Next time GBCA uses a blimp in the regatta, we'll have it hover over the weather mark.

I wonder if John got a picture. I've only gone through a couple hundred of the 2,000 pictures!
Past Commodore, 2010