2011 Wednesday Night Sailboat Races

Started by STuma, March 28, 2011, 01:09:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

STuma

The 2011 season kicks off with the infamous Skipper's Meeting and Opening Party at our new WNR host and home; Villa Capri Italian Restaurant.  Bring family and friends to see the magnificent view the Villa Capri has to offer.

The new venue will combine a spectator friendly race course, a relaxing outdoor patio, great service, starting & finishing lines within viewing range, an outdoor "refreshment area", a new menu; just for Wednesday Night Sailboat Races, and topped with Texas-style sunsets overlooking competitive sailboat racing on Clear Lake.

Check out the web site, or Facebook page, for information:  http://clearlakeracing.org/  

- March 30th @ 6:30 pm: Skipper's Mtg & Opening Party @ Villa Capri

- April 6th @ 6:15: Start of 2011 racing season

- Further schedule is posted on Web site.

cheers...
Scott

ChrisK

Looking forward to it.

Can the Villa pour a tall rum drink... ? Do I have to even ask?

It took awhile to train the Club Classic bartenders...even with generous tip...

I don't mind starting over.  Looking forward to the change of scenery
::)
Past Commodore, 2010

Bob H

Sounds great! Looking forward to it!

ChrisK

Will be there at the Villa tonight with registration money in hand...the Soverel 27 Adios Dos will take another run at catching Burns Brown and crew on Footloose....

Buddy, I'm donating some money this year...it should cover more than that quarter quart of 2 stroke oil we donated during the last race.

Famous Buddy quote:
Buddy: "Chris, do you have any two stroke oil?"
Us (sailing by): "Sure, here's all we have..catch!"
Buddy: "But..but...that's not enough!!"
Us: "Buddy, were a sailboat!"  ::)
Past Commodore, 2010

ChrisK

A great and windy start to the season for Series 1 Race 1

Looking for last weeks results...

Is this the right link for PHRF Spin?

http://www.clearlakeracing.org/index.php?option=com_weblinks&view=category&id=44&Itemid=72
Past Commodore, 2010

LizBiz

Quote from: ChrisK on April 13, 2011, 09:57:55 AM
A great and windy start to the season for Series 1 Race 1

Looking for last weeks results...

Is this the right link for PHRF Spin?

http://www.clearlakeracing.org/index.php?option=com_weblinks&view=category&id=44&Itemid=72

Um..  the page says," PHRF Spinnaker Year to Date Results    
Written by Buddy Brown   
Wednesday, 29 September 2010 12:48 "

I'd be inclined to say , "No".

I don't think there are any 2011 results up yet - but I'd be happy to be wrong.

~L

MCA #7066 - Got Rum?

Xavier

How do you use a Random Prize "50% off Sunday Brunch" only good for one week. We are starting to kick-in the racing season there are not many sailors available on sunday to use that coupon.

LizBiz

Quote from: Xavier on April 15, 2011, 12:50:50 PM
How do you use a Random Prize "50% off Sunday Brunch" only good for one week. We are starting to kick-in the racing season there are not many sailors available on sunday to use that coupon.

Ummmm....  take that lovely wife of yours to Brunch?

~L

Burns

Big John

Actually there were a few hitches in the process and the results finally got up on the board about 4:05 PM this afternoon.  Slightly nicer format.  Still finding glitches in the data and so some of the results may have changed slightly.  We are reviewing our options and are hoping to post results from Villa Capri or as soon as we get home to an internet connection. 
J

Big John

Oops, Buddy just called and we missed a step. It will be fixed in the next hour.
J

ChrisK

From the CLRA website:

Additional Parking: Next door to Villa Capri is the SA Sleep Lab. The drive can hold up to thirty additional cars, and we have been given permission to park there on Wednesday Nights. Just pull into the driveway, and angle park to the left or right at the first available location. Please do not block the central driveway (or leave garbage, etc)

Now we just need to get Buddy to trade the Cadillac for a microphone, and a decent flat screen to view the GoProHD on...
Past Commodore, 2010

Big John

ChrisK

Past Commodore, 2010

Charles

Moi Verstehe Nada,
Char-les