HYC Offshore

Started by Christopher, April 18, 2011, 10:15:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bee

Ok, I promise to give my iPhone back to Apple and buy and Android.  The apple idiots will not let us put our app out because it doesn't appear to have the right number of potential subscribers.

To do what I suggested we will have to buy Kattack trackers.

Stupid Jobs.  How in the hell can they control what I want to run on a phone I own?

Jeff K

Ok HYC peeps, could you give us any insight about your intentions of running this race with the current entries?

It would be great for us and our crews weekend planning.

What are you guys thinking?

Thanks for any thoughts that you could let slip out...  ;D
Who wasn't on the vang?

sailorjohnny

One can only assume that classes were not made, according to the NOR, and as such no race. One can only assume that. What's the official story?

Kevin Bednar

If the wind forecast holds I'd almost rather they did cancel.

sailorjohnny

I'm with you there, Kevin.

Bee

And so is the Old Man

Evan

There are 6 spin boats registered. Yes, I know they are a mix of asym and sym but we race against each other all the time so there is really no reason to not combine these two due to the lack of boats to make separate classes. In every other offshore race (Heald, TRW, HMR, RTTB, RDA) these two classes are run together as a spin fleet so not going because there is not a defined class per NOR is a little ridiculous in my opinion.

Personally, I just want to go race. I do not care if we race against sym, asym, a -100 rater, or a 200 rater, I just want to go out. The weather is damn near perfect right now and offshore sailing (at least to me) sounds very appealing right now.

To you guys complaining about the weather...its supposed to blow 18-22 knts on friday and saturday. Please explain to me why you complained about a drifter two weeks ago in the Heald and now there is a forecast for strong breeze offshore and now it is too windy and you want the race cancelled??? C'mon guys, this is just dumb. Offshore racing is supposed to be challenging. It is about boat preparation, long term strategy, endurance, safety, and sailing smart.

Hopefully I will see everyone out on friday. If not, I will be just another 25 year old who is rapidly losing faith in the future of this sport.

Evan

JayZ

Amen Brother Evan!

Quote from: Evan on April 28, 2011, 11:38:35 AM
There are 6 spin boats registered. Yes, I know they are a mix of asym and sym but we race against each other all the time so there is really no reason to not combine these two due to the lack of boats to make separate classes. In every other offshore race (Heald, TRW, HMR, RTTB, RDA) these two classes are run together as a spin fleet so not going because there is not a defined class per NOR is a little ridiculous in my opinion.

Personally, I just want to go race. I do not care if we race against sym, asym, a -100 rater, or a 200 rater, I just want to go out. The weather is damn near perfect right now and offshore sailing (at least to me) sounds very appealing right now.

To you guys complaining about the weather...its supposed to blow 18-22 knts on friday and saturday. Please explain to me why you complained about a drifter two weeks ago in the Heald and now there is a forecast for strong breeze offshore and now it is too windy and you want the race cancelled??? C'mon guys, this is just dumb. Offshore racing is supposed to be challenging. It is about boat preparation, long term strategy, endurance, safety, and sailing smart.

Hopefully I will see everyone out on friday. If not, I will be just another 25 year old who is rapidly losing faith in the future of this sport.

Evan

Jay Zittrer
s/v BANJO GIRL

Christopher

+1
Yeah!  What he said.

Quote from: Evan on April 28, 2011, 11:38:35 AM

Evan
Mahalo nui loa

Kevin Bednar

Well, Sailflow has been a little low in it's wind estimates lately but they're currently calling for 27 knots on the nose at the South Jetty Saturday at 1pm.  Let's hope that doesn't turn out to be 32+ on the nose to the first mark.

Kevin Bednar

Ooops, I was misreading it.  That's at 1am not 1pm.  Sailflow is only calling for 22 at 1pm.  That's much better.

Charles

Does someone know anybody at HYC to call and get a definate Yes or No?
Moi Verstehe Nada,
Char-les

Evan

I believe Gordie is in charge. I do not have any contact info for him though...

Bee

I would be absolutely stunned if HYC canceled.  I can see them combining Asym and Sym into one class and letting the 2 non-spins have their own reaching legs.

Assume we are a go and forget about it.

Kevin Bednar

As I posted in the other thread Gordie says:

"I?m ready to go with it as long as everyone else is.  Weather looks a little  strong!....regards,   Gordie"