2011 Rum Race #3 (7/9)

Started by ChrisK, July 05, 2011, 08:02:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisK

July is a very busy sailing month for GBCA!

Two rum races:
7/9 and 7/16

Perfect warm up/shake down races to Texas Race Week 7/21-23!
Past Commodore, 2010

Bee

Based on the weather, these will more like HOT UPS rather than warm ups.  Hopefully the Wind god will be good to us.

LizBiz

Quote from: ChrisK on July 05, 2011, 08:02:57 AM
July is a very busy sailing month for GBCA!

Two rum races:
6/9 and 6/16

Perfect warm up/shake down races to Texas Race Week 7/21-23!

Ummm....  I think that will be 7/9 and 7/16.  Unless we now have a time traveling machine at the pahtees.

~L

ChrisK

Oops fixed.

Rum race 7/9 and 7/16.
Talk it up!
Past Commodore, 2010

Stellar of Course

Well I missed the first two Rum Races due to being out of town. But, I found a crew and Stellar of Course will be racing in the Cruising Class this Saturday.

PHRF Rating is 174

Ron E

Eric713

Have you removed your barbecue grill yet?

Terry Young

I have not been able to find the new handy cap ratings for GBCA cub class(orange flag) RUM # 3. Does anyone know if they have been posted or e-mailed yet? Many thanks for any help!

Stellar of Course

Bar-B-Q grill comes off Sat morning. Now we are serious racers.

Ron E

CurmudgeonII

Like Terry, we need the ratings for the boats if they changed for the Orange Flag fleet.

Eric713

The cruising class ratings usually are updated by Wednesday leading up to the next race. 
Go to the GBCA home page
Click Regatta Results
Click Regatta Network
Maximize the screen
Click on GBCA Cruising Class (VIEW REGISTRANTS]

There are currently 40 listed.
Record your time and post it here or attend the after party and hand it to the Commodore, the super chicken or one of his able body assistants.  If you happen to finish first, record your time as well as the next four orange flag finishers.  Hope to see many of you at Rum 3 today.
Hope the SUPER CHICKEN doesn't mind me posting this.

Eric713

The SUPER CHICKEN is always on the job.  Look at the home page and the (click on cruising class handicap ratings (in orange) will give you the current ratings.  I'm outa here!

ShakenNotStirred

We will be awarding the trophies for the SINGLEHANDED and MIXED DOUBLES regattas at the rum race party tonight.
Walter
2013 Commodore

DollFin

Looks like we'll finally be bringing the Soling out for the rum race tonight... and 2 out of 3 people on the boat are legally blind. 8) I'll be driving and our new friend Jim O'Loughlin will be trimming in practice for the blind sailing nationals next month.

Work out those sailing knots!
Sea of Tranquility Therapeutic Massage
713 408-0444

Terry Young

KATANA finished 7:46:30

Skalawag was about 15 seconds in front of us!

Hope to do better next time took some nice photos on the senond leg. Did not make the party, had motor problems in Clearcreek channel. But just made it back in the slip on a prayer. Then the long drive back to dry land(Katy TX).

But sailing in the bay with my wife and freinds PRICELESS!

Many thanks to all who make it happen! Terry :-)