J World Annapolis in Houston, March 12-15

Started by ChrisK, February 07, 2012, 07:21:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisK

J World Annapolis is coming to Houston Yacht Club March 12-15

These are advanced courses, designed to fine tune your racing skills.
$400. So they're not cheap either!

Link
http://www.jworldannapolis.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=200&Itemid=687
Past Commodore, 2010

BoomerangJ

Chris thanks for the post!  By the way the content is the same as in Annapolis.  Taking the courses and even staying at HYC is a heck of a lot cheaper then flying to and staying in the Annapolis area.  They had these classes at Austin last year on borrowed J/80's.  Nothing but great rave reviews from the attendee's.

Check it out!

BTW-JBSW makes nothing on this.  And the classes are for whoever wants to learn-no matter what you sail!

BJSailor

A few years ago my lovely wife and I took our honeymoon to Newport RI.  We spend 5 of those days going through the J/World program there.  Considering that we're both racers, what better way to celebrate your marriage and honeymoon.  The only downside was the long uphill hike at the end of the day (ended at the local bar with students and instructors to debrief) to the B&B where we spend 2 very nice weeks:-)

I can't say enough about the qualifications, skills, and resume experience of the J/World instructors we had.  One is currently on the Volvo RTW, another is representing the USofA in the Olympics, and another isn't quite done adding World Championships to his resume.  We're still in touch with all of them.

I did a delivery with one of our "crew" from those classes.  We brought a Halberg Rassey (sp?) 52 from Miami to Newport a few years ago.  The owner is one of the founding folks of Sailing Anarchy and is a great guy who we still talk to often.  Sailing Anarchy may be whacked, but BJPorter is one of the most solid people I've had the pleasure to know.

Bottom line - J/World was more than worth the $'s for us.  What we took away was more than worth what we spent.

There are 10 types of people in this world - those that understand Binary, and those that don't.