2012 HYC Spring Series: 3/24, 4/28, 6/9

Started by ChrisK, March 20, 2012, 09:17:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisK

It looks like HYC is opening up their Spring Series to non members.... I'm not sure if it's $20 each race or for the entire series...also you need to register by e-mail the Wednesday before the event at billvanrav@earthlink.net

NOR here
http://www.houstonyachtclub.com/documents/NOR_Spring_Series.pdf

From Bill van Ravenswaay the 2012 HYC Fleet Captain:
"HYC SPRING SERIES: Our seasonal (Spring, Summer, Fall) racing series are single Saturdays of racing - three per series for a total of nice racing days per year.  These events are traditionally for HYC Members only (at no charge - one of the benefits of membership at our club). We have decided to open the 2012 Spring Series to non-members as an experiment.  The dates are March 24, April 28 and June 09. Non-members would pay a $20 registration fee the day of the event.  They also must register in advance of the date by e-mail.  Just send me an e-mail no later than Midnight the Wednesday before the race announcing your intention to compete (we need this data to properly prepare the race committee).  Please remember, for one-design racing we need three boats minimum to create a class.  I will be posting a formal Notice of Race on our Web site by Wednesday evening."
Past Commodore, 2010

billvanrav

We set the rate at $20 for the series. Thanks for the post Chris!  I have an update on the revamped HYC Offshore Regatta.  I'll post it tomorrow after we review it at the Board meeting tonight.

ChrisK

Thanks Bill. We welcome your posts. Sounds like alot is going on over at HYC!
Past Commodore, 2010

marc

I like the idea of a true series, multiple races over three different dates. I hope it gets a big turnout.