2012 Single Hand and Mixed Doubles Regatta

Started by Christopher, March 21, 2012, 10:52:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisK

Saw 25 knots sustained at Eagle Point, any on the water reports from the Singlehanded crazies...errr...fleet?
Past Commodore, 2010

Sailaway

17:00 or so and pic will be at Classic!

jd

:o

Christopher

Warm and sunny with breeze ranging 18-26 from 160o, with gusts to 31, pushed some wave action up to 4'.  7 boats came out to play - 6 completed 1 - 4 legged, 5 mile race and had enough.  Signal boat was rockin & rollin on 160' of chain, we'd about had enough too.  Camaraderie at the dock followed by drinks at the Classic finished off a great day.
Mahalo nui loa

Sailaway

Here is a good one of Scott Tuma kickin' A.  Will get loaded on Flickr this evening.

m/v Tramp

;D

Eric713

That is one thoroughly impressive photo.  Should make the cover of next years calendar.

Sailaway

Photos at

www.flickr.com/photos/lacyphotos/sets

Enjoy!

m/v Tramp

B Sailing/Alan Bates

What an awesome day that was--so sorry to have missed it.  Major respect to the fleet for getting out there.
Alan Bates/B Sailing-281-212-7348
Learn to sail and race J/Boats in annual membership sailing club. Unlimited sailing on "your' own boat.

John Swanson

The makeup is on June 3? Shucks - just cancel my registration again - I'll be doing a triathlon with my kids.

Sailchick

The make up day has not been decided.  We'll discuss tonight at the Board Meeting.  (the commodore can't sail on the 3rd either)
GBCA Past Past Commodore 2013

Christopher

The Mixed Doubles Regatta that was postponed has been rescheduled to Sat. June 30th.

Those participants already entered are still registered to participate without change.  If you wish to make a change, please let me know.

Additional registration is available:
https://www.regattanetwork.com/clubmgmt/applet_club_events.php?CLUB_ID=162
Mahalo nui loa

John Swanson

Christopher

The rescheduled Mixed Doubles Regatta is this Saturday June 30th.

Competitors briefing 0930 Sat. June 30th

1st Warning 1300 Sat. June 30th

Revised NOR

Registration Linky
Mahalo nui loa

beverly

Winners of the Mixed Doubles will be receiving a highly coveted award, like none seen before - and each winner (2) will get one.

Winners of the Single Handed Race will be given their trophy prior to the Mixed Doubles announcements.

Party on.

John Swanson

"Highly coveted awards"? That does it. I'll be down there tomorrow getting ready: Remove toilet, install pickle bucket. Empty water tanks, bring a bottle of water. Ravioli and spam off, rice cakes on. Do I need to carry an anchor?

beverly

That's what I'm talking about!!!  And for those of you that are lightening the load with you cooler, rest assured - I'll be out there in the Whaler bringing ice cold water for your parched throats - from the heat - hopefully not from yelling at your other mixed doubles partner... ::)

And as usual, the club is open after the race so we can have the annoucements in cool, air-conditioned comfort while you sample some GBCA fine dining (dogs).

And bring some cash or your checkbook if you think about it - we'll have a merchandise table set up so you can buy a short sleeved GBCA t-shirt and leave your stinky one in the car!  Limited number of GBCA tumblers left.  Koozies available.  Texas Race Week registration and event passes.  New Memberships and Membership renewals.  We are your one-stop shop.