Texas Race Week 2012

Started by Christopher, May 27, 2012, 08:03:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KathyR

;D Hey folks!  Let's see some action on the registration page!  The Regatta Committee is working hard to pull together another successful TRW, but it really helps us to see in advance how many boats we are working with this year as well as helps us estimate how many mouths we are going to need to serve food and beverages too.  I look forward to seeing everyone come out and join the race as you have done in the past years, so get your registrations in now!

To be continued....

ShakenNotStirred

Quote from: Bee on June 21, 2012, 08:23:09 PM
At KW2009 I leased two condos for 8 people for 10 days at a rate of $78/day.
Before I bailed from KW2012 I leased the same two condos for 8 people for 10 days  at a rate of $78/day.
The Ocean Village Hotel is charging $80/day.  Is OVH on the same level as KW?.
I think not.
Bee, I'd bet Ocean Village will give you an even better rate.......for a 10 day rental.....for 8 people.......in January.  ;)
2013 Commodore

Bee

Quote from: ShakenNotStirred on June 22, 2012, 03:47:46 PM
Quote from: Bee on June 21, 2012, 08:23:09 PM
At KW2009 I leased two condos for 8 people for 10 days at a rate of $78/day.
Before I bailed from KW2012 I leased the same two condos for 8 people for 10 days  at a rate of $78/day.
The Ocean Village Hotel is charging $80/day.  Is OVH on the same level as KW?.
I think not.
Bee, I'd bet Ocean Village will give you an even better rate.......for a 10 day rental.....for 8 people.......in January.  ;)

One would think, but unfortunately not true.  Rate goes up to $90.  I guess Surfside is the new KW.

Kevin Box

It?s going to be a good mix of sailing and ?fun?.  A challenging first race, but one that?s designed to get everyone in by noon-ish on Friday.  Clean-up, rest-up, then party at RC HQ, aka Ocean Village.  The building is on stilts so we have a built-in shady, dry spot with sea breeze since it?s right on the beach.  Day Race courses designed to be easily viewed from the beach so friends and family can see some of the action while they?re working on that sand castle.

Of course, the patented GBCA rum bar will be in full effect as well for the parties...

Bee

Will the Super Chicken be there?

Kevin Box

With 99% certainty, my man.

ShakenNotStirred

We'll have fabulous door prizes at the skippers meeting. The earlier you register, the more chances you get.

So for every day you delay, Bee gets one more chance that you don't get.  And he already has alot.
2013 Commodore

beverly

What?  Did someone say cool trophies? ;D

Sailchick

Did someone say this yet?  You can buy your event passes ONLINE NOW!!  They are for sale using a credit card to purchase.  It's $25 for the weekend.  You'll get 2 passes with registration but everyone else will need to purchase one!  (Buy early to help your volunteers!)

Click here.

http://www.gbca.org/EventsDisabled?eventId=513948&EventViewMode=EventDetails
GBCA Past Past Commodore 2013

KathyR

That's right folks!  Purchase your event tickets online in advance this year!  The price is $25/person which covers your meals and beverages(rum, beer and more rum) for both Friday and Saturday parties. As we have done in the past, wristbands will be used for Friday and Saturday parties, but you must show your event ticket or be on the "purchased" registration list to receive the wristband.   TRW Registrants will receive two event tickets in their Skipper Packets.

I need to give a guarantee headcount to our caterers by July 16th, so if you can buy your event tickets in advance it sure would help me a lot on headcount estimates! As always, you can also purchase the event tickets at the TRW Skipper's meeting with cash or checks.

Speaking of headcount, what about these boat registrations?  I see nine registrants so far, so I hope we see more of you step up and get registered soon.  I've already cut my fingernails down so I won't be obliged to bite them off with nervous anticipation!  Let's see 20-25 boats out there this year!  Surfside folks are excited about having sailboat races in their vicinity for viewing, so let's give them a great show on our RETURN TO FREEPORT!

Sailaway

Me am my guests, Kathy and her guest (  8) ) and Jody are going to have a really good time without you!  This is going to be a fun event and our GBCA board is working hard to put on a great event.  Let?s give a helping hand and get those boat registered and event ticket purchased.  Weather is looking good and should be lots of stars for a great overnight cruise to Freeport along with Friday and Saturday night parties at the beach front the race is shaping up to be a really exciting event

Thanks for coming out!

John

www.threefatbrothers.com

mv Tramp
sv Flying Kiss

ShakenNotStirred

Alternate Hotel Info....

GBCA has blocked 10 rooms for Texas Race Week at the Cherotel Grand Mariner in Lake Jackson at a discounted price of $64/night. These rooms will be held until July 12.

We will provide a shuttle to/from Ocean Village for the parties.  Transportation to/from the marina before and after racing will be arranged on an as-needed basis - that is, we should have enough friends with cars to give each other rides!

To reserve your room call Cherotel at 1-800-544-2119 or -979-297-1161.  Ask for the "Texas Race Week" rate.
2013 Commodore

Sailchick

Sailchick

Final T-SHIRT design for TRW!!!  You'll be able to purchase them soon!

KathyR

:o  Parties are shaping up..now we have a band coming for Friday night!  Hannah's Reef!  Now we just need more racers and folks purchasing event tickets!  We have even made buying your event tickets easier by going online!  The NOR gives a registration deadline of July 13th which is this Friday, so let's see at least 10 more boats get signed up before then!  I know you are out there!