Mahalo nui loa

Charles

Are we going to SEC 202?  :)
Moi Verstehe Nada,
Char-les

Christopher

Quote from: Charles on May 27, 2012, 09:55:03 PM
Are we going to SEC 202?  :)

I doubt it.  A little insect told me that one doesn't exist anymore.   ;)
Mahalo nui loa

Charles

"A little insect told me that one doesn't exist anymore."

La Cucaracha?
Moi Verstehe Nada,
Char-les

Bee

Damned insects.  They will outlive all of us.

Christopher

Notice a few things different this year:

- We're going back to Freeport!  :D
- First race will be an long overnight race, starting 1800 Thursday from the Galveston Jetty #11, going out around offshore rigs and ending in Freeport during daylight hours.  Tis is to aid in navigating the channel to the new Freeport Municipal Marina during daylight.   8)
- Boat access to the new Freeport Municipal Marina requires passage under a flood gate with 69' mast clearance from MWL   :o
- Entry fee into the regatta includes the slip rental at Freeport Municipal Marina.   :)
Mahalo nui loa

Bee

The question is

Which boat was first to sign up?

and the answer is?

Sailaway

Well two have and Stinger and Wondering Star are there!  Thanks.  Have to get something special!

mv Tramp

Christopher

Quote from: Bee on May 29, 2012, 07:43:00 PM
The question is

Which boat was first to sign up?

and the answer is?

Bzzzzzzz!!!

As usual.
Mahalo nui loa

Bee

Yeah, but the Wanderer was right behind.

This is going to be a fun, but probably very hot, regatta.

ShakenNotStirred

The Race committee and PARTY headquartes will be at Ocean Village Hotel in Surfside.  There will be a PARTY Friday night and Saturday night.
Stay at the Ocean Village and you can wander up to your room after the party without having to drive. It would also be a great place for your non-sailing friends and family. They will be able to view the finish on Friday morning and the start and finish on Saturday. Plus it's right on the beach so there's lots to do and see, if sailboat race spectating is, uh, too docile for them.
We'll have a free shuttle to transport you to and from the hotel and marina.

We've secured a discount rate for this hotel, but you have to reserve soon.

For more information: http://www.gbca.org/Default.aspx?pageId=1328709
2013 Commodore

ShakenNotStirred

Half of our block of discounted rooms at Ocean Village are already reserved.  Better reserve yours soon!
(remember you must CALL Ocean Village to get the discount; don't book online.)

While you're at it, REGISTER for the dang regatta! You know you're gonna go!  Sure helps us in the planning.  Thanks!
(And the earlier you register, the better your chances of winning a fabulous prize)

2013 Commodore

Bee

At KW2009 I leased two condos for 8 people for 10 days at a rate of $78/day.
Before I bailed from KW2012 I leased the same two condos for 8 people for 10 days  at a rate of $78/day.
The Ocean Village Hotel is charging $80/day.  Is OVH on the same level as KW?.
I think not.

edthemainsailguy

$80 bucks...really? i thought the cheapest was 120-140....hard for a volunteer to pay that for two nights in order to volunteer....although it's a party i would hate to miss...

Bee

Two people per room at $160 is $80 per person per night.