Test Drive Day at Lakewood Yacht Club Features J/70

Started by Hamburger, June 06, 2012, 09:29:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hamburger

Mark your calendars for this exciting event: Lakewood Yacht Club will again host a Test Drive Day on Saturday, June 30th starting at 10:00am in the Small Boat Harbor. Come with your family/crew and try a number of boats on for size!

Star of the show will be the brand new J/70, a 22' sport boat for ~ 3 crew. This is Hull No. 7 and the first of these boats to come down to Texas. Don't miss the opportunity to check out this speedster! We expect a crowd for this one, so come early!

We expect to also have J/22, J/24, J/80, J/105 and J/109 available for testing. And I'm sure we can talk the Gambler into opening up his boat to look at (I hear that it's for sale....) and round out the program with the J/122.

This is a rare opportunity to hop from one boat to the next to see what you like and what fits your style. Various boat owners will be able to tell you about their racing circuits and what it takes to participate - or to just have fun with the boat! Don't miss it!

Come on down! June 30th, 10:00am!

BoomerangJ

All flyer with a few pics of the J/70. Invited some other manufacturers boats to come on down and participate as well.  Hope they do.  I think these demo days are fun.  Over the couple of years that JBSW, Viper, KO, and others have done them we have been able to bring in new sailors and, in general, get people back out on the water racing. 

The J/Fleets are invited as well so hope to have J/22, J/24, J/80, J/105, and J/109 sailing opportunities as needed.

We'll bring the big cooler full of drinks!

See you on the 30th at LYC.  We will set up all the way at the back of the property-probably by the launch ramp.

regards;

Scott

BoomerangJ

Along with the J/70 we should have available a J/22, J/24, J/80, J/105, and J/109.  Can always show the J/122 as well.  If you've ever thought about owning one of these boats to get in on fleet One Design racing then come on out.  No better way to learn more about the boats and the local fleets then to come out and talk with existing owners.

Rod Favela is bringing down a VX as well. Hope that KO Sailing brings out something for the kids to look at.  I'll holler at them today.

BoomerangJ

Mark Mc Namara of KO Sailing just e-mailed.  KO will also be participating.  Should be a fun day to come out and see some sail boats!

BoomerangJ

All-Due to some unfortunate personal circumstances and with the GBCA mixed doubles event being held on Saturday the 30th-we have decided to postpone the J/70 demo day to Sunday July 1st! 

Hope all of you can still make it!

Regards;

Scott

BoomerangJ

The VX One Design will still be at LYC on Saturday.  For those interested.

Thanks;

Scott

Hamburger

I just talked to the VX folks. They will be there on Sunday, also. There will not be any test driving going on Saturday. I hope this doesn't mess anybody up too badly. Go and sail in the Divorce Cup on Saturday!!

See y'all on Sunday!

BoomerangJ

Sail the Divorce Cup on Saturday and then come buy a J/70 for each one of you on Sunday!  That "divorce cup" slang kind of cracks me up! 

See y'all on Sunday-Scott