Demo Day at Lakewood - July 6 -7 - this week

Started by Brad, July 03, 2012, 02:20:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brad

Due to the weather last weekend and lack of time to show the boat to everyone, there will be another opportunity to demo the VX One Design this weekend - July 6th (4-8pm) and 7th (9am - 2:30pm).

Whether you are interested in buying a new boat or not, it would be a fun experience to sail a little bit on the lake on this boat.  Should be able to see 15+ knots with the chute up.  Is this a potential Wednesday night competitor?

I know it was one of these Demo days that sold me on buying a Viper and this is a very similar boat.  It only takes a few minutes to see the stability and the speed.  Rod Favela from Vela Sailing Supply is coming in from Dallas to take you out.  It should be a fun time.

I hear Rod may take the VX out for the Rum Race as well.

Brad

otisimon

Rod
I think the rum race is for big boy boats only.  Will the VX  [aka Vagina Extreme] be in the club handicap? (emphasis on handicap)   

Ps Neil wants to crew!

Jonsey

OK you viper bully, no picking on the new guy.   Otherwise i'm going to a) go buy hull number 104, name it "duck soup" and paint it lavender b) shave my head c) start talking with an accent   <-  just because three is NOT a crowd

if memory serves i did a rum race with you last year and a) you started crying about hiking 1/2 way through b) we ran out of beer   

if anything, go pick on spurlin.   he's done well to keep that new baby protected despite my attempts to get it on the start line with the viper and vx ;-)  (i get to take one shot at him for every customer i send his way)

Demo day is back on this saturday, yes ??

Christopher

Quote from: otisimon on July 04, 2012, 08:32:53 PM
Rod
I think the rum race is for big boy boats only. 

Rum races are for any sail powered vessel you can put on the water and can finsih before a) the time limit, b) they run out of rum at the club.
Mahalo nui loa

Brad

Come to Lakewood and demo the VX One Design.  You can just jump on board and check it out across the lake and back.  Knowing Rod -there will not be a sales pitch.  He just wants people to get a chance to sail on a 19' - 450 pound sport boat.

I have attached Rod's flyer about this weekend.

Sailchick

Congrats to Rod and Casey for winning the Rum Race tonight!!  That boat was fast.
GBCA Past Past Commodore 2013