Kattack Rum Race Test

Started by Bee, July 08, 2012, 01:26:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dc1sail

Bee, I have the Kattack App on my I phone (finally), are you going to try this for Rum Race #6 Tomorrow?
Dave Christensen
S/V Airborne

Sailchick

Bee, when will we get to see TRW on the kattack?
GBCA Past Past Commodore 2013

Bee

Oh crud.  I forgot all about that.  Will get on it this weekend.

Stellar of Course

Bee:

I just downloaded the  Kattack app on my I phone.  I will ry to remember to turn it on when we start the race. Anything special I need to do to be part of the tracking?

Ron E
S/V Stellar of Course

Bee

Stinger will not be doing the Rum Race this evening so no Kattack.

Bee

Here are the TRW tracks for Stinger and Tango.  Thursday appears to be OK but I could not change the
start time on Saturday to 11:00.  Still learning.

Tracks start at 9:00 so speed the play back up and then slow it down
to whatever makes you comfortable after that.

Thursday

http://www.kattack.com/webplayer/?raceGUID=11ebbad8-56e4-4095-81be-dac39fe7ab47

Saturday

http://www.kattack.com/webplayer/?raceGUID=3f684d78-ead3-4265-9827-31004681e5d3

Bee

Stinger should be back out on the 18th and Kattack will be back up.

I would really appreciate it if as many of you as possible could tune in.

To do so,

Install the Kattack app on your phone (iPhone or Android)

Go to the myBoats page

Enter your boat's name

Select the J105 Fleet 17 feed.  This is really important if you don't do this I cannot see you on the play back

Enter the password turkey (all lower case)

Go back to the map page.  It should show your current location

Go to the status page.  This should tell  you if you are uploading points or not.  If not you have either done
something wrong or the app is not picking up your location.  Be sure locations services is on.

I do not have an Android phone so I cannot help much with that, but zap me bee at panoramatech dot com if you
have questions or want to see if I can see you on the tracker.  I would really like to test an Android phone.

B

Bee

One more thing.  On Sat the 18th, start your Kattack app as close to your start time as possible.

If you are going to do Kattack, send me an email with your start time so I know when to set it in the race
timer.

dc1sail

Bee, I used the Kattack for last Sat's Rum Race (#6),  just logged onto J105 Fleet 17.  The entire boat track was overlaid on a chart of Upper Gal. Bay when we finished .

VERY COOL, thanks for getting this going
Dave

Bee

Great.  This helps me a lot.  The more often I get to set up these races, the better I get at it.

Bee

FYI

06.Aug.12 - Kattack Android app  Kattack has released v1.1 of the Android app that fixes the time problem that resulted in a position error in v1.0. This should update automatically if automatic update is enabled. To verify the revision level, go to "Settings", "Manage Applications", "Kattack Mobile". The revision level should be 1.1.

Bee

OK, now i really don't have a clue.  The link below is the data from Rum Race 7.

Der Hamburgler shows up the entire time.  In fact, all the boats show up the
entire time.  Even the little Stinker managed to finish.  Only real discrepancy
was that the real French Connection only had one point in the buffer.

I made the start line too long but you should be able to see everyone
start at least at or slightly behind their starting times.

Let's do it again for Rum #8.  Only this time everyone has to humiliate Uzi into
running his.

http://www.kattack.com/webplayer/?raceGUID=8ec541ed-1fcc-4fc7-b766-8f962e5fb08c

Hamburger No 1

Is there a way I can watch this on an iPad?

Bee

Not unless you can get Apple to allow Flash Player to run on the iPad.

I think you can jail break your iPad and do it but so far I have been unwilling to try.

Bee