2012 HYC Womens Weekend: 7/28-29

Started by ChrisK, July 11, 2012, 07:32:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisK

Two days of sailing up at HYC
http://www.houstonyachtclub.com/Portals/0/race/WSW_2012_NOR.pdf
Mixed crew Saturday, all ladies Sunday

Register in the next few days and get a free (nice looking, wicking) APS Crugear T-Shirt
http://www.facebook.com/events/144403875696604/148899201913738/
Past Commodore, 2010

Anne L.

Check out the date - 7/28 & 29!!  Visit our facebook page "Women's Sailing Weekend"  Register before 7/15 for your free skipper's T'Shirt on Regatta Network, or www.houstonyachtclub.com/Racing.aspx  We are looking to see the J/80 fleet out.  I know we have 5 J/22s, 3 ensigns & 3 PHRFs already committed. The Lightning Women's NAs are the following week, so we expect to see a class form.  Maybe some Vipers??  Party in the Beachcomber on Saturday.

Sailchick

Stinger is racing this weekend.  Are there any other big boats that want to get out there?  Saturday for sure?  It's female at the helm only. Crew can be men.
GBCA Past Past Commodore 2013

Sailchick

Thank you to Bee and Kevin Bednar for allowing the GBCA ladies to race Stinger in the HYC Women's Regatta this past Saturday.  It was not a 105 day but we really did have a lot of fun!  Thanks to the crew -- Simon Thomas, Deneen Taylor, Kerstin McMullen, Simon Thomas, Laura Thomas, Kevin Bednar and Lucy Wozniak!  Hopefully we will see more GBCA women racing in the GBCA Women's Regatta on September 15!  Mark your calendars!

Bee

Happy to let collection of such great sailors do a bit of Stinging, but you are right it was not a 105 day.  Maybe next year.

The thing that bothered me was the small number of boats that signed up.  Are we loosing our lady sailors? Where or where are you?

DollFin

Be, I remember two years ago I sailed on Revolution and there were a lot less boats than there were this past weekend. HYC seemed to think that this was a good turnout.

Work out those sailing knots!
Sea of Tranquility Therapeutic Massage
713 408-0444

Bee

Ok, I don't usually keep up with this one.  First time Stinger did it I think.  If HYC says it was good then it was good.  Shame there was so little wind.

Sailchick

I think they had 4 boats 2 years ago and they cancelled it for last year.  So, yes - this was a successful year!

On Saturday night - they had grill your own hamburgers and hot dogs.  What if we made you guys do that at rum race parties?  I wonder if everyone would eat less.

Charles

Quote from: Sailchick on July 30, 2012, 05:10:44 PM
On Saturday night - they had grill your own hamburgers and hot dogs.  What if we made you guys do that at rum race parties?  I wonder if everyone would eat less.

Yes!  I have eaten my own cooking!
Moi Verstehe Nada,
Char-les

Bee

Hmm.  I am the chief BBQ'r and Grill Burner.  Wouldn't slow the phat man down.